i7 920 vs Phenom II 965

Bodaggit23

Isn't a member of the forum selling shin etsu? Isnt it rather expensive compared to other thermal pastes?

bomberboysk sells it here, and it's only a couple dollars more than AS5.

so the i7 860 is better than the 920, apart from triple ddr3 and you can run multiple gpus

Supposedly the Lynnfield Turbo Mode is better, yes, but that's about all I would consider "better" than the Bloomfield's. It makes no difference if you overclock.

Hass

I went with a similarly went with a 965 because of price/performance differences.
Saved ~250 over a i7 920 setup on newegg black friday by going with the 965.
handles everything with ease at the moment.

fedochinni

There really isnt any point posting this, the i7 is a much more sensible choice. even tho the 965 is a 3.4GHz stock speed quad core, it doesnt mattter because in the end, it's AMD. "You get what you pay for". The i7, sure it costs alot & sure, the motherboard is a bi*tc* to pay for, but in the end its this. An i7 is a ferrari & the AMD is a modified Honda, sure the modified Honda can compare in speeds, but in the end its a honda & compared to the ferrari, the ferrari smokes the honda in every aspect.

There really isnt any point posting this, the i7 is a much more sensible choice. even tho the 965 is a 3.4GHz stock speed quad core, it doesnt mattter because in the end, it's AMD. "You get what you pay for". The i7, sure it costs alot & sure, the motherboard is a bi*tc* to pay for, but in the end its this. An i7 is a ferrari & the AMD is a modified Honda, sure the modified Honda can compare in speeds, but in the end its a honda & compared to the ferrari, the ferrari smokes the honda in every aspect.

In the end.... it was about what I could afford. Yes, I would have loved to get the i7 setup but I did not have the will to spend that much money. I am happy with the setup in my sig.

StrangleHold

Staff member

Well if thats true. Then Intel with the P4 made Chevy Trackers that overheated for years.

gimmigzgy

Going back to his Topic Subject,

The i7 extreme would crush any Phenom out there.

So if you're looking for a Gaming and Multimedia Editing Procie,
the i7 will suit you perfectly.
CUz for me, AMD does very good in gaming but not in Media Editing.