im upgrading my pc

Fatback

VIP Member
Yeah - but could you trade in the MAC for a 4,500 dollar discount on your next car :D

MAC's for Clunkers

Haha Mac's for Clunkers that's a good one probably not worth $4500 though they are only are worth about $500 for the hardware the rest goes to the OS.

zainuintel

banned
ok ive got 256 ram 160 gb hdd 6mb nvidia geforce and amd 1800
hmm thats why i need to upgrade
and no mac i could buy i super pc with that much money

Fatback

VIP Member
You don't need to upgrade you need to
smiley3325.gif
and build you a new one.

zainuintel

banned
noooo

that old computer is made in 2000 i never throw away good memories:confused:
i need to upgrade the mobo the old athalon 1800 just dosent like it in there nether the motherboard its tiny micro atx board the case is huge atx and they put somd metal in it just to make it feel heviar its only ddr no ddr2 or3vout yet only usb1.1 no 2.0 and a whoping 256 ram jk

and i need pentium 4 in my pc coz it wood be faster but core 2 duo willl not support all the crappy stuff in it im sure petium 4
would be ok

Fatback

VIP Member
that old computer is made in 2000 i never throw away good memories:confused:
i need to upgrade the mobo the old athalon 1800 just dosent like it in there nether the motherboard its tiny micro atx board the case is huge atx and they put somd metal in it just to make it feel heviar its only ddr no ddr2 or3vout yet only usb1.1 no 2.0 and a whoping 256 ram jk

and i need pentium 4 in my pc coz it wood be faster but core 2 duo willl not support all the crappy stuff in it im sure petium 4
would be ok

What do you mean support you crap what do you have in there besides the hard drive and PSU everything else will be replaced right. If your going to get a pentium 4 then you should just keep what you got because you will see little to no increase in performance. How much do you have to spend what is you total budget for everything.

Fatback

VIP Member
im gonna put 4gb ram and not pentium 4 pentium dual core

Let me put it this way your going to pay as much for a Pentium 4 dual core as you will a brand new never used AMD Dual core that will be 1200% better then the Pentium. If you get a Pentium you will need DDR RAM 4GB of that will be well over $100. And if you go with a Pentium then most likely everything is going to be used. You can get a brand new AMD Athlon II X2 2.8GHz, New motherboard, and 4GB of DDR2 for probably a little over $150. You can get the the Pentium 4 used with used motherboard and new ram probably for about the same price you decide.

mx344

Yep, AMD is the way to go if you are upgrading an old computer, or building a new one, great for those 400$ upgrades, if you want the new intel tech. expect to pay over 900 minimum. Unless you want to go core2.

Fatback

VIP Member
no no new intel about core 2 duo might do fine or will it ???????

Core 2 duos are overpriced and you can get something better with AMD. Not only that but core 2 duos are socket 775 which is nearly at the end of it life and production will be stopped soon.

zainuintel

banned
ok i once had a NEW amd i was playin a 3d game and i was on it for quite a time and i got a messege sayin please turn off pc i looked at the processer to late tere was smoke out of the fan

Fatback

VIP Member
ok i once had a NEW amd i was playin a 3d game and i was on it for quite a time and i got a messege sayin please turn off pc i looked at the processer to late tere was smoke out of the fan

Probably a bad CPU or the heatsink could of quite working either that or it was probably an older AMD and those things where like little heat pads.

zainuintel

banned
it was accually a quite new one well then it was new opteron so....
you mean i threw away a workin pc
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Fatback

VIP Member
it was accually a quite new one well then it was new opteron so....
you mean i threw away a workin pc
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Probably all you probably had to do was get a new CPU or Heatsink the rest was probably good.