infrared

jp198780

i think i have a infrared sensor on my Latitude, what exactly is this 4?

i have the same sensor on my PDA, guess that has infrared 2?

Last edited:

Emperor_nero

it is so you your pda can talk to your laptop and vice versa, and i would guess that it works with other fun toys to :)

jp198780

Kusama, would you know how i would be able 2 set this up? and could i send internet signals from my laptop onto my PDA?

Emperor_nero

on your PDA you should just be able to turn on IR in the settings and I don't have a laptop but I would try the contol panel. and yes you should be able to send a signal from your PDA to your laptop, and share files

jp198780

ok, in Beam, at the bottom it says "receive an infrared beam from a Pocket PC 2000 or H/PC Device", i have my PDA connected 2 my laptop now, i just have 2 find out how 2 get my laptop connected, i was in control panel, didnt see anything..

Geoff

VIP Member
ok, in Beam, at the bottom it says "receive an infrared beam from a Pocket PC 2000 or H/PC Device", i have my PDA connected 2 my laptop now, i just have 2 find out how 2 get my laptop connected, i was in control panel, didnt see anything..

It should be listed somewhere in the control panel, just do a bit of searching.

And make sure that you have the IR sensors both facing each other, only a few inches apart.

jp198780

i have XP Pro, here's a screenshot guys:

untitled.jpg

Geoff

VIP Member
mybe avantgo connect? but like I said I don't have a laptop

AvantGo is an offline viewing program for the PDA, it's not an IR program.

Are you sure your laptop has it? Try placing your PDA next to it and send something, because it may already be enabled.

jp198780

it has the same sensor as my PDA, soo im guessing it has infrared, what else would the sensor be 4? how can i said something when their not connected?

Geoff

VIP Member
I know on the PDA, if you hold down on a file, a menu will pop up. One of the choices should be something like "Beam File". Make sure you have Infrared enabled on the PDA first though.

Just to let you know IR is very slow when it comes to transferring files, and you can only have both of them a foot or so apart at the most.