intel 80gig ssd installed, views!!!

mx344

^so not worth the price...

Arent the pci e ssd's slower than the ones that just hook up via cable?

Hass

Obviously if you read any of the links you posted... you'd see that they are faster than current SSDs.

Specifications - Nitro Series SSD:
Capacities: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1024GB
Performance
-- Transfer rate: 300MB/sec
-- Sustained read: 240MB/sec
-- Sustained write: 215MB/sec
-- Random read (IOPS 4K): 50,000
-- Random write (IOPS 4K): 10,000
-- Latency < 100 µsec
Reliability
-- MTTF: 2.0 million hours

awildgoose

Wow how you hooked up your SSD is pretty good... I never would have though of double sided tape lol.
The SSD is pretty good, when I first read about them in a magazine I thought they were not worth it (it was like $300 for 80GB) but now I think they would defiantly be worth it since I don't have that much stuff on my current hard drive.

Nice work:good:.

Twist86

So after the time has passed you still like your investment?
I been looking at your drive for a bit now plan to buy it once the prices come down. I hear some iffy responses for these drives. Some just love them others say "neat but not worth it" etc etc.

I would use this as a primary obviously and then use a 500GB for downloads etc to save the "life" on the drive just install games/programs etc. I gotta say anything less then 80GB is not worth it for me as OS = 15-20GB then games are becoming 8-15GB each and programs will be around 2GB for me.

funkysnair

VIP Member
i love it, thinking of a second for raid0....

people who are saying its not worht it are talking from there point of view price wise, everybody has there limits to how much they spend.

i went for good parts in my pc and i seen the hd as the next best upgrade

the drive is a very good performer so thats not being questioned, i cant speak for other people but i speak for myself and i dont regret it

DarthJonny

i just got an OCZ solid series ssd, i was amazed at how tiny it was:p
i got the 60 GB one and plan to put only windows on it. but i did kinda struggle to find a place to put it, i didnt get a bracket for it or anything so i had to improvise. but i cant wait to start up my computer and see how it performs.

funkysnair

VIP Member
well the double sided sticky foam pads worked wonders for me ;)

they are so smal you could mount them all over a pc case, let me know how you find your ssd....

my 1st ssd sucked so bad i sent it back within 2 days, used it for less than 1hr but i do hope you have a good one

Twist86

I would rather use the double sided tape but with a plastic middle (so you can remove it and put it back on)

I do this with pictures and stuff to ensure they never fall down (most are homemade from family) I decided to wait on SSD for another year...I am tempted but $250 is over what I consider a upgrade...my next build I will get one though.

BTW can you install the OS normally or do you still have to clone it to the drive?