Intel p55 vs x58?

dsolash

Which one is better? Will there be an even better mobo coming out is the p55 going to be the only one. I was just wondering if i should just waith to get the p55 or just get the x58 or if something better was coming out i should just wait to get that. This will probably be paired with an intel i7 975 once i get the cash in a few weeks. Also will there be any better gaming proc. coming out soon? Also i herd bout the intel x68.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
The X58 is the better chipset, I would go with that if you don't mind paying a little bit more for the motherboard.

Machin3

I was going to go with the EVGA X58. I've always liked EVGA. But I ended up getting an Asus because the X58 wasn't in stock but now I regret it and I should have waited and gotten that instead.

Bodaggit23

are you really gonna keep the MOBO for more than 3-5yrs anyway??
I plan on keeping my mobo for that long. :D

It's hard to imagine what could come out to make my machine obsolete.
It's totally smokin fast.

Anything faster that comes out, I could not care less.

pfig88

I plan on keeping my mobo for that long. :D

It's hard to imagine what could come out to make my machine obsolete.
It's totally smokin fast.

Anything faster that comes out, I could not care less.
Alright, just, in 3-5yrs, it'll be hard to find any parts for it whatsoever.....
By that time, I'd gut it and start over

Machin3

Yea same. I'm not going to return it or anything cuz Asus is second on my list of top favorite companies. :D

pfig88

Yea same. I'm not going to return it or anything cuz Asus is second on my list of top favorite companies. :D
Awesome. I've got 2 machines that im curently tweaking, and one's running an EVGA board, and the other an ASUS, however, I prefer the ASUS. I figure it this way: if we could predict what new technology would come out in the future to make our current rigs look weak, why bother?

Intel_man

VIP Member
are you really gonna keep the MOBO for more than 3-5yrs anyway??

It's not about the years on warranty. It's about the manufacturer's trust towards the parts they make and their ability to tell their consumers that they will fix your things even it's an old item.

Just because most of you have new mobos doesn't mean other people have the pleasure and financial budget to upgrade every year or two.

Hell, my dad still has a Pentium Pro that runs on Windows 98 believe it or not.

Machin3

It's not about the years on warranty. It's about the manufacturer's trust towards the parts they make and their ability to tell their consumers that they will fix your things even it's an old item.

Just because most of you have new mobos doesn't mean other people have the pleasure and financial budget to upgrade every year or two.

Hell, my dad still has a Pentium Pro that runs on Windows 98 believe it or not.

Haa, and your surprised. My dad had Windows 95 running not to long ago. I still have an old computer that has 128-mb of RAM and Windows 95. :D

Intel_man

VIP Member
Haa, and your surprised. My dad had Windows 95 running not to long ago. I still have an old computer that has 128-mb of RAM and Windows 95. :D

Er... My dad's Pentium Pro runs on 32mb of ram.

He has one of those 486mhz cpu's as well in working condition as well as the mobo for it.

pfig88

I am, by no means, saying that old equipment is bad- I've got an old PII with 128mb of RAM running on my old server (no longer my main one). It works perfectly, but I grew out of it. Modern-day applications that i'm running can no longer function on that kind of equipment. All my old stuff's getting linux, and i've got quite a few old beige boxes in my server closet networked together down there that work fine together, but as technological advances are made, if we don't take advantage of them, they go to waste. Our equipment evolves, just as we do...