Intel p55 vs x58?

jmelgaard

Asus... 3 year warranty? maybe 5.

eVGA... lifetime warranty.

EVGA POWAHHH!!!!

Seriously, your that naive?

It signals 2 things to me.
- A. Either the company is straight forward a bunch of naive idiots who does not know better.
- B. Or they are just filling us with straight up bull-shit lies.

What do you honestly think will happen if you return a 25 year old piece of hardware for exchange or repair?

God people can be naive, there is no such thing as lifetime warrenties, just the companies that lies about it.

And I will bet you that there security is founded in the fact that _NO ONE_ what so ever will _EVER_ claim that warranty after a normal maybe 5 year period, maybe a bit longer. And not that they deliver better hardware than many others on the field.

It's easy to promise a thing against something you know never will happen.

Cams

Seriously, your that naive?

It signals 2 things to me.
- A. Either the company is straight forward a bunch of naive idiots who does not know better.
- B. Or they are just filling us with straight up bull-shit lies.

What do you honestly think will happen if you return a 25 year old piece of hardware for exchange or repair?

God people can be naive, there is no such thing as lifetime warrenties, just the companies that lies about it.

And I will bet you that there security is founded in the fact that _NO ONE_ what so ever will _EVER_ claim that warranty after a normal maybe 5 year period, maybe a bit longer. And not that they deliver better hardware than many others on the field.

It's easy to promise a thing against something you know never will happen.

Welcome to the forum. Are you trolling or gonna stick around? Oh and I happen to like my EVGA board very much. I do agree with you about the chances of a person turning in a board 5 years after purchase.

Edit: I have a EVGA LE (X58) an its plenty for me. I am still exploring alhe things it can do.

Last edited:

jmelgaard

Welcome to the forum. Are you trolling or gonna stick around? Oh and I happen to like my EVGA board very much. I do agree with you about the chances of a person turning in a board 5 years after purchase.

Edit: I have a EVGA LE (X58) an its plenty for me. I am still exploring alhe things it can do.

Depends... If google brings me by here more often, in the end i will only pass by until i have purchased a new system my self in the near future... that was after all the only reason i dropped in here in the first place, because i was looking at P55 vs X58 comparisons... After that there is not much reason to go here anymore, i after all only browse hardware forums ect. when i need new hardware my self...

But after all beliefs in Lifetime guaranties is dumb at best IMO...

That said I'm not saying that EVGA is a bad product for that reason, in Fact EVGA has one of the most sexy LGA1366 based boards out there if you ask me >.<... and as such the only ones i know of who have released a Dual CPU Intel 5520 based board targeted at the Gamer market... (Look at thier EVGA Classified SR-2 board, and tell me you don't start dreaming just a bit), how it performs may be another story, but for all i care it could be outperformed by any single CPU boards and still not lose it's sexyness... But i doubt that it can't show good numbers...

Just don't ever use the "They have lifetime guarantee" as any sort of argument, really... Don't fall for cheap sales tricks... Don't be naive...