Intel vs. AMD.... what do you prefer?

4W4K3

VIP Member
SFR said:
I know AMD will overheat like non-other.. but I think for graphics, games, etc I have heard its great... I have personally never had one..

depends on what AMD you get. easily run my overclocked mobile at 32C and under lol...but get an old AMD and yes they are hotter. also, you can't run on stock cooling...that's just crazy lol.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
4W4K3 said:
depends on what AMD you get. easily run my overclocked mobile at 32C and under lol...but get an old AMD and yes they are hotter. also, you can't run on stock cooling...that's just crazy lol.

yeah thats crazy...

Each of my computers have a specific task and there is no reason to even think about overclocking a thing.....

As it is... most of what a normal user will run wont even get close to using the full capabilities of the cpu..

RAM is what makes the most difference....

people place too much importance on the cpu clock speed... which really doesnt have much to do with the overall machine's system speed

Verrona

AMD 64 processors dont over heat as easily as Athlon XP's etc..

U'll find that the new prescott processors will overheat quicker than the original's by 45%

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
U'll find that the new prescott processors will overheat quicker than the original's by 45%
Quite the opposite. The new P4Es run nice and cool -- that's why they're new. They fixed that heat problem

lukie01

To be honest, I love intel processors. But I think there both the same. they both have very good proccessors. but i would be leaning more towards intel because i always use it