Internet Rumor.

zaroba

What can you do with all that speed?

hmm..anything that you can do with your current connection but much much much faster :p

besides that, i'd also be able to host my website on a pc at home, along with running a lot more game servers

chrislo

hmm..anything that you can do with your current connection but much much much faster :p

besides that, i'd also be able to host my website on a pc at home, along with running a lot more game servers

Going from Dial Up to Broadband I couldn't imagine faster. I guess it would be nice to run your own server/website though. I guess when Fiber comes my cable company will up the speed to stay competitive.

PC eye

banned
They've been laying down the optical cables for some time now. Some companies like Verizon will simply dump dsl with the fiber type broadband over seeing cable come in. Supposedly this will pass commercial T-1 lines like a race car once in use.

PC eye

banned
What those are is the unused fibers inside a cable already layed down. In other words liken those to braided wires where some stramds are simply not soldered at both or even one end while still being seen inside the wire used. Those do leave room for later expansion when the main bulk has finally reached capacity if ever. A good description of how they can used as well as what they are is seen at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_fiber