Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Google

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
it was a while ago that i saw that information about BT, i do know that they did some restructuring too so i expect thats whats changed

lee101

VIP Member
maroon1 said:
very strange, yahoo just got 2 votes, why ????
i just think that google is overrated because i don't see that google have more services than yahoo, i agree that goolge has better search engine but google doesn't have good services for entertainment and news like yahoo, and it does't have a messenger
it doe's, called google talk
www.google.com/talk

spacedude89

yea, google has alot of stuff that most people dont know about because its kept in a beta stage. you have to really hunt some services down.

dannyjebb

epidemik said:
well doesnt google get paid to put some websites at the top of search results? if people use gmail, itd be easier for them to use google websearch because they were right there rathewr than going to some other website and using their search enginge. also doesnt google have an ad program. They probably get paid through that too.

But im not sure. Thats a good question.

have you noticed the sponsered links when you do a search on google ;)

maroon1

lee101 said:
it doe's, called google talk
www.google.com/talk

are u comparing google talk with yahoo! messneger?? LOL, who will use google talk ??, MSN and yahoo! messenger have many features and i think anyone will tell u that it has better than google talk by far

Google is an amazing company that I think is going to go all the way. Yahoo has been updating and updating but going no where. Microsoft will never be out of the picture though don't take them out.

lee101

VIP Member
maroon1 said:
are u comparing google talk with yahoo! messneger?? LOL, who will use google talk ??, MSN and yahoo! messenger have many features and i think anyone will tell u that it has better than google talk by far
i can compare it with msn, i've never used yahoo, but have u used google talk?
it may not have all the fancy features of msn, like nudges etc. but it is a far better program imo, it loads up instantly, compared to msn whcih normally freezes then takes around 10 secs to come back on my pc, it has the best voice program, apart from skype, is more reliable, doesn't kick you off randomly, so thats why i think it is better.
it's just a shame that only 1 person i know uses it

spacedude89

yea,i honestly think microsofts gonna win. googles income seems to be kinda dependent on the ads, and if something happens to hurt their PR, they could loose a hell of a lot of money quickly, while microsoft is getting money from practicly everything, everywhere.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
spacedude89 said:
yea,i honestly think microsofts gonna win. googles income seems to be kinda dependent on the ads, and if something happens to hurt their PR, they could loose a hell of a lot of money quickly, while microsoft is getting money from practicly everything, everywhere.

Google makes its money the same place Microsoft does, the stock market.

Recently Google sold a bunch of its shares for like $4.2 billion dollars so they could use the money to compete with Microsoft in other areas...

They do not make that much money from ads.... About half of their revinue is from ads...but its still does not compare with what is made by owning stock in the company.

Last edited:

maroon1

Apokarteron said:
Yeah MSN is by Microsoft and MS ONLY gives you 2 MB of email storage, while Gmail gives you 2GB+. Microsoft Sucks

no no i have 25 MB in msn and thats enough for me, and yahoo gives u 1GB for free and i think thats enough for anyone.