iOS 5 is out - Who's updating?

lucasbytegenius

iOS 5 came out today :D I've finally got iTunes 10.5 installed after some hiccups (had to install it manually, darn Software Update doesn't work...) and iOS 5 is downloaded. I'm currently waiting on my iPod to be backed up.

Who's updating? Are you waiting on an untethered jailbreak to come out before you do?

CrazyMike

For myself, i will be planning on waiting for an untethered jailbreak before updating. I do want to check out the 'features', but want to wait for the option of jailbreak. Really, there is nothing new that i can do that i couldn't do before. They just implimented jailbreak ideas.

lucasbytegenius

For myself, i will be planning on waiting for an untethered jailbreak before updating. I do want to check out the 'features', but want to wait for the option of jailbreak. Really, there is nothing new that i can do that i couldn't do before. They just implimented jailbreak ideas.
Well, the jailbreak ideas are a whole lot better than what was there in Cydia. Mobile Notifier may be the same as iOS 5's notification system, but iOS 5's is a lot better and less buggy.
And I don't think any jailbreak tweak had the equivalent of the Notification Center with the weather and stuff like that.

Plus, show me iCloud's equivalent in Cydia. I'd like to see that.

CrazyMike

Well, the jailbreak ideas are a whole lot better than what was there in Cydia. Mobile Notifier may be the same as iOS 5's notification system, but iOS 5's is a lot better and less buggy.
And I don't think any jailbreak tweak had the equivalent of the Notification Center with the weather and stuff like that.

Plus, show me iCloud's equivalent in Cydia. I'd like to see that.

Meh, give it time jailbreak features *as good as* notification and stuff like icloud will get better.

I do like how IOS is much *less buggy* as a jailbreak version though. I'm just saying if i end up not liking IOS 5, it's nice to have a jailbroken version to be less restrictive. Nice features like gridlock, SBsettings and FXsound are all nice to have.

Silent Whisper

Yeah, I am...
Buying my first Iphone.

Got to wait till Novemeber first though, then I can buy it for 200 bucks instead of close t

o 700 here in Australia.

CrazyMike

Yeah a whole year...

If OMEGA is thinking what i am thinking, Apple will announce the Iphone 5 in April. IF Apple does indeed have a new phone (most likely yes), then April's keynote has been the time to show it (being released in June/July). With Apple's lawsuits and court action becoming all wrapped up, Tim Cook fully taken over, and all outstanding projects (IOS 5, Lion, Iphone 4S) all completed and released. A person can almost lean towards it being released.

But then again it could not be in the thoughts of Apple, and the public will be left in the dust. My thoughts are very unlikely. :eek:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Keeps failing to update. First an "iTunes cannot locate disk" error, then an "unknow error"

Will report back later.

lucasbytegenius

Well I updated and jailbroke my iPod. Apparently I was the lucky one, I got it downloaded the instant it became available and it was before the rush occurred. The only problem I had was that Apple Software Update wasn't updating iTunes, so I had to do it manually.

Silent Whisper

[-0MEGA-];1689508 said:
Then it will just be a few more months until the iPhone 5 ;)

Iphone 4S, Iphone 5?

Whats the diffrence?

Then will be 6 and 6g and 7 and 7s....

There alright phones...

but there names are ugly.

"Hey man nice phone?
What type is it?"

"Oh its a Iphone 4S mate"

"Cool bro?
Do you own an icar s series too?"

dark_angel

upgraded my ipad to it. Havn't noticed to much yet to really be excited about but the icloud is a big improvment as i hate using itunes so can move away from that.

dark_angel

You're still using iTunes for some stuff - just wirelessly ;)

Yes - I should clarify at lest I don't need to use it on my computer. I can backup to the cloud and don't need itunes for apps. Unless I''m missing omething I shouldn't need it at all on the computer unless I need to restore.

lucasbytegenius

Yes, I'm really liking the fact that I don't have to plug the thing in anymore - especially after a restore. The biggest aggravation for me when I first got my iPod was that I had to plug it in my computer and be connected to the Internet to get it working. At the time, my computer wasn't connected to the Internet, so I had to use a 600 MHz P3 laptop to get it working - and iTunes was not a happy camper on it ;)

dark_angel

My Ipad had no problems, updated first time and 10mins to download update. Restored all my apps and all the data was there. Even my notes where all there.