iOS 5 is out - Who's updating?

CrazyMike

Updated a couple days ago. I really would love to rant and rave about the updates, but find nothing "spectacular" about the update. Every "feature" given in the IOS 5 that i have found, has been done before with jailbreak. Mind you, runs with less crashes.

Droid Bionic, please come to Canada :(

Updated a couple days ago. I really would love to rant and rave about the updates, but find nothing "spectacular" about the update. Every "feature" given in the IOS 5 that i have found, has been done before with jailbreak. Mind you, runs with less crashes.

lol just get a galaxy s2

CrazyMike

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Would but:

1)not really liking the phone, doesn't really make me excited on it's features.
2) as far as i can tell Telus is the only carrier that is getting it soon. Wonderful 3 mobile carriers, woohooo!
3)it's not even available yet.
4)i reaaallly want the droid bionic. Or at least try it out.

lucasbytegenius

Every feature? I doubt that. I know Mobile Notifier is like the primitive ancestor of Notification Center but Notification Center is so much better.

And iCloud...There's nothing in Cydia for that!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Would but:

1)not really liking the phone, doesn't really make me excited on it's features.
2) as far as i can tell Telus is the only carrier that is getting it soon. Wonderful 3 mobile carriers, woohooo!
3)it's not even available yet.
4)i reaaallly want the droid bionic. Or at least try it out.

bell has it, same with samsung, and the galaxy s2 beats every single current phone, in speed, looks, performace, features, gaming, just everything, i watched it go up against the iphone and htc 3d and the galaxy s2 just destroyed it in every way possible, and its also the most user friendly phone

CrazyMike

Every feature? I doubt that. I know Mobile Notifier is like the primitive ancestor of Notification Center but Notification Center is so much better.

And iCloud...There's nothing in Cydia for that!

back to the icloud thing again... lol... ill give you that point.... but even that, hmmm, not really enthused.Whippy doo, get to save all my stuff in cyber space. Don't get me wrong, i like it (means i don't have to jailbreak my phone to get most of the features i like) but it's just getting boring. Time for a change.

CrazyMike

bell has it, same with samsung, and the galaxy s2 beats every single current phone, in speed, looks, performace, features, gaming, just everything, i watched it go up against the iphone and htc 3d and the galaxy s2 just destroyed it in every way possible, and its also the most user friendly phone

Bell? that's even to be considered? LOL...please.... bell can suck my left....

"and its also the most user friendly phone" i really don't want a 'user' friendly. I want one that is insanely powerful (meaning it can do things faster, better, with a sexy look). User friendly got me the iphone. Simple, elegant, but boring.

Bell? that's even to be considered? LOL...please.... bell can suck my left....

"and its also the most user friendly phone" i really don't want a 'user' friendly. I want one that is insanely powerful (meaning it can do things faster, better, with a sexy look). User friendly got me the iphone. Simple, elegant, but boring.

well the s2 is the most powerful, fastest, and awesome features, and also user friendly :p and well canada sucks for phones cause you cant get unlimited data so no matter what every company sucks, and comparing prices bell was the best

CrazyMike

well the s2 is the most powerful, fastest, and awesome features, and also user friendly :p and well canada sucks for phones cause you cant get unlimited data so no matter what every company sucks, and comparing prices bell was the best

Agreed that Canadian mobile companies suck ba;;s.... Bell (from my experience) looks good to begin with, but service sucks too. Not to mention, with the money that you save at the beginning, they will get it in the long run. They tend to overcharge you on everything.

No unlimited is true, but i have never used up my 5gb. But still, American mobile is sooooo much cheaper.

Aastii

VIP Member
This whole smart phone thing has passed me by, however a few family members have recently got Galaxy S2's, and I am seriously starting to think about switching my phone now, they are incredible. Having used iPhones, Blackberry's and a variety of HTC's and being overall massively underwhelmed by them, Samsung have put something out there that really is something serious.

It does suck that you can't get them in Canada without being with a bad provider. Without knowledge of your telecommunication systems, how good is signal over there? Is it a situation where unless you are in a city or large town, don't expect to be able to contact the outside world using your phone?

CrazyMike

Service providers here depends on which area. A quick look at the "3 Amigos" as i call them, they have different service features.

Bell Canada : http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpWls_Coverage.page

Telus Canada: http://www.telusmobility.com/en/AB/network/index.shtml?INTCMP=QLCcoverage

Rogers Canada : http://www.rogers.com/web/content/a...Consumer_Wireless_Eng-_-Addons_0110-_-roaming

I am currently with Rogers, but constantly change my provider as greater deals comes. I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada, and around my area, service is not bad. With the high rate plans, lack of cellphone choice and various problems with network, telecommunications here suck. Just take a look around these three providers and you will see.

What happens in Canada is that whenever an independant company becomes 'larger', one of the 3 Amigos will buy them out. You can see man sub versions of these throughout each company ( ie, virgin mobile, koodo ect.). So with no competition brought to Canada, prices remain high, choices remain low, and coverage sucks balls.

Regal

I updated and fell in love with my 4 all over again.

The new notifications option to alert you when you arrive or leave a location is pretty freakin awesome. Always forget to bring my laptop with me before I leave my house Monday mornings...never again :)

Also the new slick interface for notifications is just cool...I love my iPhone.

Can't wait for 5'er

speedyink

VIP Member
the galaxy s2 beats every single current phone, in speed, looks, performace, features, gaming, just everything

Gaming? Bah, the Xperia Play is the best gaming phone. Throw in all the hardware you want, it's fracking retarded playing serious games using a touch screen.