Is 620W enough?

Okedokey

Double yawn. I hardly think a 3 day old post is old.

Pretty much anything you do, means don't worry, 500W is fine. This is simply poor advice, regardless of what semantics you wish to use.

You have added the word abosulutely, not me, or him.

Define suffice?
80% eh? Pull that number from your arse? Yes.
Define marjority of situations?

You are a joke getting so worked up over semantics. I simply said, that saying a 500W is good for anything you wish to do, is rubbish, and I standby that. I can show you several situations where a 500W "good" brand is insufficient. As there was no justification with his comment, i made the point that by itself, 500W good brand PSU is not necessarily sufficient. If you are going to define a PSU on the basis of wattage alone, you are misguided.

Last edited:

Jerrick

Q6600, HD4870, 4gigs 2x2 xms2, 3 harddrives, cd/dvd drive, 3 case fans. All on 520w psu. So far its perfect.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
I hardly think a 3 day old post is old.
It's not, but to dig it up just to carry on with an argument is just dumb.
You have added the word abosulutely, not me, or him.
We appear to have a lot in common...
Define suffice?
Good enough to run the system perfectly stable even under max load
Define marjority of situations?
Situations that most ("majority") people are in
80% eh? Pull that number from your arse? Yes.
I assume you can prove that more than 20% of all desktop computers that are actually in use have higher than 500W PSUs? I don't think so.
I can show you several situations where a 500W "good" brand is insufficient.
Anyone can show more situations where a 500W "good" brand PSU is sufficient.
If you are going to define a PSU on the basis of wattage alone, you are misguided.
Correct.And everyone's been saying that 500W good brand PSU will suffice. For example, a 500W corsair PSU will suffice for pretty much anything i.e. majority of situations, and I can get quite a few people to back up this statement. Everyone knows that a good brand PSU will have what it takes to supply power, regardless of wattage.
You are a joke getting so worked up over semantcis.
Yes, I'm a joke getting so worked up over semantcis.

Okedokey

Q6600, HD4870, 4gigs 2x2 xms2, 3 harddrives, cd/dvd drive, 3 case fans. All on 520w psu. So far its perfect.

Great, a corsair, is a different beast. By defining the fact that, that corsair has 83% efficiency, active PFC, ball bearing fan etc makes that a fine statement. Compare the same wattage in the Rosewill family, you will see a very, very different picture.

Now you can see the danger of just saying a 500W will do, because good, majority, most, etc are subjective. Specs are not. That is my point.

And hack btw, not only are you arguing against yourself if you knew it, but most of your arguments are circular, thereby fallacies. All your definitions are YOUR definitions, use specs. As i said above, many, probably more than most, think a 500 rosewill is fine... actually... I am over this, my original point is valid, you are arguing semantics and circular arguments, do that by yourself.

Last edited:

Jerrick

Great, a corsair, is a different beast. By defining the fact that, that corsair has 83% efficiency, active PFC, ball bearing fan etc makes that a fine statement. Compare the same wattage in the Rosewill family, you will see a very, very different picture.

Im sure I would. Good thing I picked a good one. :)

The OP needs an AMD CPU, read the posts at the beginning.

I know. I read the whole thread. I was just commenting on the current discussion, and giving support to your "500w is sufficient' as that pretty much describes my system.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Great, a corsair, is a different beast.
Compare the same wattage in the Rosewill family, you will see a very, very different picture.
Yes, that's correct. Corsair is considered a "good brand". Rosewill is not considered a "good brand". Why do you think I have been using the words "good" and "brand" together so many times? Coz we were talking about "good brand" PSUs, like Corsair, all the time.

And hack btw, not only are you arguing against yourself if you knew it, but most of your arguments are circular, thereby fallacies.
Like? Where and when?
All your definitions are YOUR definitions
Well how would you define them, then? I don't assume there would be a lot of difference in the meaning, unless you get all anal over wording.
I am over this, my original point is valid, you are arguing semantics and circular arguments, do that by yourself.
Sounds like a typical PC eye comeback.

Okedokey

Whatever mate. Good, great, fantastic brand (whatever term you want to use). Many people on this forum consider Rosewill a good brand - oscary for example, but there are many others. Without specs, it is meaningless and highly subjective. Consider if someone who has no technical background browsed that original comment, and thought great, i have 500W colorsit psu, i can run a 8800GT. I was told it was a "good psu" ........It is simply bad advice.

The point here is this, to say something is good, and that it will suffice, is not enough, becuase they are subjective terms that mean little. You must say why, using specfications, and regarding the circular arguments, if you had any kind of scientific training, you would know what i meant.

Last edited:

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Whatever mate. Good, great, fantastic brand.
That is correct, I am. You're not. ROFLMAO*snort snort*mwuahmwuah1ml337h4rdc0r3lol@u
The point here is this, to say something is good, and that it will suffice, is not good enough.
The point?

keep-the-point-alive-small-756447.jpg

Your only point here has been that oregon's statement saying that a good brand 500W PSU will suffice for pretty much anything is incorrect.
if you had any kind of scientific training, you would know what i meant.
True, and if you had any kind of common sense, you would know what I meant.

Oh and BTW, you still haven't pointed me and told me, in all thou holy wisdom, which ones of my statements are "circular" and what makes them "circular". Teach me oh big fellar.

Okedokey

lol, nice theatre, little substance.

the point?

Whatever mate. Good, great, fantastic brand (whatever term you want to use). Many people on this forum consider Rosewill a good brand - oscary for example, but there are many others. Without specs, it is meaningless and highly subjective. Consider if someone who has no technical background browsed that original comment, and thought great, i have 500W colorsit psu, i can run a 8800GT. I was told it was a "good psu" ........It is simply bad advice.

The point here is this, to say something is good, and that it will suffice, is not enough, becuase they are subjective terms that mean little. You must say why, using specfications, and regarding the circular arguments, if you had any kind of scientific training, you would know what i meant.

Your only point here has been that oregon's statement saying that a good brand 500W PSU will suffice for pretty much anything is incorrect..

well done, you're a smart one.... finally. lol.

Last edited:

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Oh I see, totally, how on earth did I miss that. Now may I finally receive some enlightment on my "Circular Statements" o'grayt b1gf3ller? Oh and where are your definitions?
well done, you're a smart one.... finally. lol.
Finally? I knew that was your point all the time. Just like my point is that the sky is pink. Go out and see for yourself - we're both right.

Last edited:

Okedokey

Of course my point stands.

Anyone who says:
get a good brand 500W and you will be fine for pretty much anything you do.

either hasn't thought through what they are saying, or doesn't know what they are talking about.

Look up circular arguments yourself, then look at your post. You will see what i mean. I will not waste my time with you on this. Also my definition (of good, great, fantastic brand, etc) or anyone elses doesn't matter as they are subjective (the point remember??), what matters is to compare specs.

Unless you have something specific to say regarding why my above points (specifically) are invalid, keep your immature egotrip to yourself, its quite pathetic.

You shouldn't need to however, because you have already agreed:

Your only point here has been that oregon's statement saying that a good brand 500W PSU will suffice for pretty much anything is incorrect..

Last edited:

Okedokey

Oregon, your opinion is about as valid to me as your understanding of PSUs. If you have something intelligent to say, say it, otherwise keep it to yourself. I have made very clear and valid points regarding the importance of relating quality to specifications. If you think that is uninformed, that is your opinion, but a poor one.

Last edited: