Is a solid state drive worth it?

TheJudge6070

well found out the dvds I have are not rewritable thus I keep getting write protected when trying to use them.

I tried using my usb flash drive but vaio recover didn't detect it (SanDisk cruzer 32gb) so I tried my micro usb card. Recovery got to 91% then sent an error message saying it wouldn't work. I tried booting up the ssd with what was on the micro usb but got nothing but error messages.

Looks like I'm going to go buy some dvd-rws tomorrow.

TheJudge6070

Man this is bull.

I finally got to recovery disk 3 of 3 but at the end it failed. Now I have to do it all over from 1 of 3. Wtf?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully you bought DVD-R and not RW... Usually you only have the option to create recovery media once and thats it.

TheJudge6070

Yeah it's a dvd r.

the sony vaio recovery need 3 disc.. I got through 2 but on the 3rd it said it failed to copy. Now trying to redo it..it copys what was on the first dvd.

I'm trying the recovery with the 2 complete disc And see how far it goes

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It's not gonna complete the recovery with only 2 out of the 3 cd's. If the recovery won't work then I can send you a windows 7 iso file that you can burn to dvd and install windows with. You will just need to download drivers and use the key that is on the bottom of the laptop to activate windows.

TheJudge6070

Well whats the best solution now?

I only have one more disc available...the other disc have somehow gotten "write protected" thus I can't use no more. Not even nothing on them.

TheJudge6070

Holy crap this has been a pain in the rear. I have so many DVDs that dont have nothing on them and now nothing can be copied to them due to the "write protected" crap.

Going to go get more disc but finally the windows 7 iso file finally downloaded completely (3.09gb)

TheJudge6070

Which drivers do I need to install?

Its burning now but I thought the dvd rs are not rewritable like the RWs?

I got a new dvd r and it's copying image to the disc now