Is Dell good?

Thomas23

Would anyone suggest buying a Dell? I mean do they overprice for what you get? I mean what else is there besides Dell? I know there is Alienware, but i heard they overprice there shit. What oher companies are good? Ive heard of newegg.com and ibuypower.com to. But they dont seem satisfactory. Can someone tell me what other good computors there are. I would like a good gaming laptop. Ive already given specs on another forum. Im jsut so confused on what to buy.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
my dell's harddrive broke in half a year. They are overpriced, like you said, and you dont get anything for the overprice. I think toshiba's ok, see if they have gaming laptops.

X24

Dell underprice, which is really good, when u get the coupons factored in that is.

i got this for 1260 shipped:

I9300
1.6 pm
512mb ram
256mb 6800
17 in. screen
9cell batter (gets 4-4:30 hours battery)
100gb hdd

and that was an awesome deal.

computerhakk

VIP Member
i personally dont like them.. rather get something custom made or built by me/someone i know.. much easier to resolve some problems when and if it occurs

X24

He is talking a laptop u know.

and only thing i don't like is that dell has called me 3 times about getting an extended warrenty now, and i had to reformat to get rid of the bloatware

bigsaucybob

i personally have had no problem wat so ever with my dell. And newegg.com is top of the line, good products, low prices, and fast shipping.

Thomas23

Still!! I mean what about cyberpowersystem.com. Ive heard all these stories ion these forums aobut how the motherboards break in half and such. I mean, sure i suppsoe Dell is good. I jsut want a damn computer without paying too much. I went to PC magazine and they said that the Dell XPS was really good. Well i was wondering can someone please go to the cyberpowersystem or ibuypower.com and tell me the best gamign laptop on those sites. Thanks for all your help.

alanuofm

VIP Member
dell and toshiba are probably the lowest priced and quality laptops you will find. however, acer and ibm are good laptops as well. i have heard good things about averatec and sony. not too swell about the hp lineup of laptops.

Enjoihcky24/7

You can have a problem with any computer. Remember that people who have had bad experiences are more likely to post than people with good experiences so you have to kind of filter through some stuff. There's also the people who just say stuff based on stories from their friends about their friend's friend. I just got a dell And I love it. It was very under priced. In my house we also have a dell desktop which runs perfectly after 3 years and another laptop besides mine. There was a problem with the HD on this but they replaced it for free. IMO you can't go wrong. I put a lot of research into laptops before I mad a pruchase In the end i chose the dell inspiron 9300. $1206 USD shipped (i had a $750 off coupon given to me). So gl.

wildd_flower

Don't buy Dell

I just got a Dell Laptop...motherboard broke after 7 months, then 2 weeks after warranty expired the screen broke. Dell refused to fix it because it was out of warranty. Also, a manager said that they only stand behind 60% of their product - AKA they break all the time. If you ask me, I wouldn't buy Dell. I was a loyal customer, but their construction has gone WAY WAY down along with the customer support. I wouldn't buy a Dell - in fact I will never buy another one. I think for the money you should buy anything other than Dell. I will no longer tell people to buy them.

Hope this helps.

Thomas23

Now im jsut confused. So some people say its good while others say its bad. Ahh!!!!! This doesnt really help when people say two differant things. I suppose that peopel can say these things with any computer company. Well if any other people have any comments i would like to hear them. So besides the motherboard breaking and screen breaking any other problems? And how in the world does a motherboard break or screen break? maybe perhaps you were being rough with it? And what kind of computer was it? Was it a notebook or a desktop that the motherboard broke and the screen broke? Thanks!

Johnnyboy0056

well i have a dell laptop inspiron 8200. still under the warrantee and the cd drive broke. they send me the replacement but it was the wrong one.....dell spent an hour with me on the phone with a three way call to the computer building dept. to get the correct fitting rom to me. they paid for everything....even the postage to send back the broken one. had this laptop since dec 2003 and thats the only prob i have had with it. people have all kinds of diff opinions. i would say first decide on some specs u want....then compare dells price to another company like alienware or compaq. gateway still makes comps....check them out. with the number of computers dell sells, the complaints are in ratio to the number of computers they sell, so dont take the complaints to heart too much. if u hear of a company that has only sold 10 computers, your most likely not gonna hear of a single compaint about them b/c those ten comps wont have a problem mosty likely. Gotta look at the whole picture here. nothing wrong with dell, but there are alternatives. compare prices and see what u come up with.

Thomas23

OK thanks. I will look at other companies. I just usally take what peopel say into consideration. I want a good laptop that can last me for a good time.

Johnnyboy0056

remember...its not the metal on the logo that makes the computer great....its the metal behind the logo on the inside that makes the computer great.