Is Dell good?

Bobo

banned
ViperGTS19801 said:
Do bears sing lullaby's? Is Oprah skinny? Does the Catholic Church have morals?
hahaha, I like that:D

I quite agree that Dell is crap, but they have some freaken good deals. Essentially, for a laptop, I would get HP/Compaq, Acer, or Toshiba. I have seen all three in action, and all performed fine. This Compaq Armada E500 that I am using now, is actually quite good, just a bit old:rolleyes:

Outsourcing is the problem for everything, isn't it???

Last edited:

Curt

alanuofm said:
keep in mind this is the laptop section. never said dell computers are good. i dislike them myself because of their proprietary stuff. there laptops are probably the least expensive in the market. my campus has 15,000 dell desktops however. they have to be doing something right.

Yeah I know, I just got caught up in my ranting.

I quite agree that Dell is shit, but they have some fricken good deals.

It's not a good deal if the computers are made shitty and you can expect to be replacing a lot of parts in exchange for horrible customer service with a possible disappointing outcome of not even recieving the replacement parts because they don't produce them anymore, then being left with only one option.....to buy a new computer. I would rather just have a computer that lasts me a long time without having to worry about things like that.
I really need to stop venting my hatred.

Bobo

banned
Curt said:
It's not a good deal if the computers are made shitty and you can expect to be replacing a lot of parts in exchange for horrible customer service with a possible disappointing outcome of not even recieving the replacement parts because they don't produce them anymore, then being left with only one option.....to buy a new computer. I would rather just have a computer that lasts me a long time without having to worry about things like that.
As would I...but for some people Dells work just fine. But those are the people that don't really want to use their computers for anything but typewriters:eek: Those of us who want to do real stuff with 'puters find that Dell sucks

Verve

Dell is just fine as long as you don't want to upgade anything more than a PCI card or two, and maybe an extra optical drive. In mine there are no extra brackets for HDD's, and generally its not very accessable.

soccerdude

Just to let you know, Lenovo(IBM) are amazing laptops. If you ask me, they are the BEST out there for business and also quality. I am not to sure for gaming because I am not really a gamer. But for anything else, they are perfect. But they can sometimes be expensive but it is worth it. What is your budget? Maybe we can help you more.

Hope this helps

xBoom

If I wanna buy a laptop. I would buy a Dell cos they are cheap, as said, underpriced and HIGH quality. You won't regret.

xBoom

DELL is underpriced. They are pretty cheap and good in quality. My sister has the DELL Latitide DXXXX (forgot) and it works great.