Is this a nice laptop?

helmie

By the time vista is out, your laptop will prob be useless! Im guessing 2029 at the rate microsoft are going! Apparently half of vista needs re-written.

Geoff

VIP Member
helmie said:
By the time vista is out, your laptop will prob be useless! Im guessing 2029 at the rate microsoft are going! Apparently half of vista needs re-written.
I wouldnt say that, since dual-core will be top of the line for quite some time.

Geoff

VIP Member
helmie said:
I was talking about the 64 Bit problem. Is your laptop 64 bit?
Ahhh i see.

No its not, but so far i havent seen any difference with 64 or 32 Bit apps. Windows x64 actually performed worse in 3DMark06 than with the 32 bit version.

LaptopExtreme

VIP Member
By the time 64bit processors become the norm, then you'll see software coming out as the norm to support. That'll be a long time from now. You'll be fine with any 32bit system for this entire year (minimum).

JAD

[-0MEGA-] said:
I just bought it :D here are the specs:

Dell Inspiron E1505
Intel Core Duo T2500 (2.0Ghz/2MB L2/667Mhz FSB)
Windows XP Media Center 2005 w/Remote
15.4" UltraSharp WideScreen SXGA+ w/True Life
1GB DDR2 533Mhz DC
256MB ATI Mobility Radeon x1400 HyperMemory
80GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
DVD+/-RW DL DVD Burner
2x 9-Cell Batteries (85 WHr)

$2,039.00
-$750
=
$1,289 Total

I cant wait to see how it performs, too bad i have to wait until April 17th to get it :(
Where did you buy it?

Geoff

VIP Member
JAD said:
Where did you buy it?
I found a site that gives you coupon codes (i sent it to you in a PM), and you build it at dell.com, apply the coupon, and get the discount.

JAD

[-0MEGA-] said:
I found a site that gives you coupon codes (i sent it to you in a PM), and you build it at dell.com, apply the coupon, and get the discount.
Looks like they screwed with the pricing??? I'm getting $1,900 and change for your setup after the coupon has been applied.

Geoff

VIP Member
JAD said:
Looks like they screwed with the pricing??? I'm getting $1,900 and change for your setup after the coupon has been applied.
If you look closely you'll see that the coupon actually didnt apply, it will say that it has $750 off, but the order does not meat the criteria. I know this worked, and it worked several times for me. They might just be out of the discounts, since they only offer 4000. But they always add new ones.