Is this camera SLR the way to go

Punk

Staff member
Also those photos are amazing

Thanks

[-0MEGA-];1043341 said:
I will be quiet now :p
:D

Your arguments were good though, I was just teasing you :)
I was just saying you can still do good without the latest technology :)
I really want to get the D40 one of these days though... Thanks to Punk I'm encouraged to go DSLR Hehe :D

Wai until you master you D-camera that you have :). My 4.0 MP Olympus D545 is a really good camera, I still use it sometimes :).

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Why would you wanna look through the LCD in a DSLR? The optical viewfinder would give you a more vivid and no lag picture. Besides, the LCD displays all the information and settings in a DSLR (right? :D)

Punk

Staff member
XTi Cannon I think it's D45 its the one where you can take photos looking at the screen

Can you give me a link to the camera's spec?

Also if you want live view, you might to have a Bridge camera, not a D-SLR...

Irishwhistle

@Punk - He means the Canon 450D or XSi, which does have live view, but it's apparently pretty bad live view.

@Kill Bill - What other options does the store have? You may be better off with an expensive point and shoot camera. With a D-SLR you're going to have to spend extra money on lenses. If you can't spend the extra money on lenses maybe you should go for a Nikon D60 as it has a nice stabilized kit lens.

Kill Bill

@Punk - He means the Canon 450D or XSi, which does have live view, but it's apparently pretty bad live view.

@Kill Bill - What other options does the store have? You may be better off with an expensive point and shoot camera. With a D-SLR you're going to have to spend extra money on lenses. If you can't spend the extra money on lenses maybe you should go for a Nikon D60 as it has a nice stabilized kit lens.

They really only sell canon or oylampis but the oylampis is not slr

Geoff

VIP Member
No one uses the LCD screen to take photos on a DSLR. The XTi does not support it (AFAIK). The XSi I have does, however it is very flaky and can't get it to focus right using the LCD display, using the viewfinder is much better.

cudenver

dont use the lcd

I never use the lcd, it much better to look through the viewfinder,
IMO cameras the have a lcd and no viewfinder like my casio exlim,drive me mad.

Geoff

VIP Member
It has an LCD but it's not for using during shooting, only to view taken photos and to see the settings for the picture you will be taking.

Kill Bill

[-0mega-];1045284 said:
it has an lcd but it's not for using during shooting, only to view taken photos and to see the settings for the picture you will be taking.

thats what i ment

Punk

Staff member
thats what i ment

Oh I thought you mean live view like you look at what you're taking a picture on your screen.

If it is a LCD for settings, then it'll be fine.

If you get that D-SLR and you have any questions, don't hesitate, I'll be glad to help you :)

Kill Bill

Oh I thought you mean live view like you look at what you're taking a picture on your screen.

If you get that D-SLR and you have any questions, don't hesitate, I'll be glad to help you :)

Sure thanks.

''Sends 20pms a day hehe'' purchasing it this tuesday woo.

Geoff

VIP Member
thats what i ment

Live View is technically what Canon calls some of their DSLR's that have the ability to use the LCD to take photos, the XSi/XS are some of the select few that support it, but IMO it's useless.