Is this camera SLR the way to go

Punk

Staff member
[-0MEGA-];1045305 said:
Live View is technically what Canon calls some of their DSLR's that have the ability to use the LCD to take photos, the XSi/XS are some of the select few that support it, but IMO it's useless.

Like I said:

Live view on a D-SLR is like Auto gears on a Ferrari... ;)

:D

Kill Bill

I GOT IT!!

* I got the Canon D450 Xsi Which was reduced to 600 Euro for the week end -
so my voucher went there.
* I got 20 euros off a bag which costed
* My Mum got 5 years warranty on the camera 239 Euro even if it's your fault
you threw it or kicked it (No this is not my intention god )
* Got a 4GB SDHC Card for 50 Euro. Was this a good deal.
* I actually mastered the functions in two hours like taking photos,viewing them,deleting them,zooming in and out,using the out door,indoor close up etc function, iso , timer , tripod , putting them on a computer. It's an exellent camera those anyone else have an xsi?

Also the quality is so damn good That you can see my damn pores omg this is the best camera ever.

4th best Thing I got in my life

1. My Dog - Judge
2. MacBook Pro
3. My Editing software
4. The Camera xsi

Also considering that my friends,family,house isn't included

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
You didn't master everything in 2 hours, you probably barely scratched the surface :p

But just for a test, do you know why in certain situations you would want to have a higher f-stop but lower shutter speed?

Punk

Staff member
[-0MEGA-];1047297 said:
You didn't master everything in 2 hours, you probably barely scratched the surface :p

But just for a test, do you know why in certain situations you would want to have a higher f-stop but lower shutter speed?

Exactly my thoughts :D

Another one:

Let's say you want to have the motion effect of an object. What will your settings be?

:D

Trust me, I don't master the settings, so i don't think you are :p

Kill Bill

[-0MEGA-];1047297 said:

Mastered the functions listed

I still don't get if I take a photo in the dark it wont work it just keeps zooming in and out and flashing - EDIT just switch af to mf

Took two pics which I'll upload but I want to photoshop em

Last edited:

Kill Bill

If you mastered them, tell us when to us them ;)

1. To take a photo use press the shutter button. If the flash is down the first press will open it followed by the next press to take a photo
2. To view them click the Play type button and use the < > to navigate
3. To delete them hit menu followed by scrolling to delete. To choose it you use select then click yes then your image is deleted you also have the option to delete all on SD
4. To zoom in use you lense and vice versa for zoom out. on photo view mode use the two zoom buttons on the camera
5. To choose indoor close up auto etc use the circle on the camera and navigate (I'm calling it circle:p)
6. To use ISO (The way I do it) is go to A-DEP and press iso and choose the settings.
7. To use timer press < while in shooting mode then you have the timer options and how many photos you want it to take
8. Tripod is simple under the camera, attach it,
9. to put them on my mac I installed the software that came with it later did I know iPhoto could see the camera damn and I installed all that

P.S select should have been SET

Punk

Staff member
I'm not talking about how to use them but when and for what effect/situation.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Alright, you know where each (well, most or some) of the features are located and how to use them. You however do not know (yet) when or how to apply them correctly. ;)

Am I correct? I'm no professional photographer BTW :p

Kill Bill

I'm not talking about how to use them but when and for what effect/situation.

Ah the camera explains that and pretty much says it'self.

Deleting a file. Eh you delete a file and if its not on your computer your ****ed

Geoff

VIP Member
Yes, but there's much more to simply knowing where the settings are, you wouldn't just change the ISO speed without knowing what it does. If you want the photo to be of a blurred river instead of having it be ultra sharp, you would set the shutter speed to anywhere from say 1/2s to 1/10s, and set a high f-stop such as f/22.

Punk

Staff member
[-0MEGA-];1047826 said:
Yes, but there's much more to simply knowing where the settings are, you wouldn't just change the ISO speed without knowing what it does. If you want the photo to be of a blurred river instead of having it be ultra sharp, you would set the shutter speed to anywhere from say 1/2s to 1/10s, and set a high f-stop such as f/22.

The fun part is that both of our tests where the answer to the other one's test :D