Is this laptop suitable for programming?

Darren

Staff member
It would work but you'd definitely benefit from a faster processor as your projects get more complicated. Those Celerons are pretty slow. Try and find something with an i3 or i5 if you can afford it. If not going used might be a better option.

NewtonLog

It would work but you'd definitely benefit from a faster processor as your projects get more complicated. Those Celerons are pretty slow. Try and find something with an i3 or i5 if you can afford it. If not going used might be a better option.
Thanks for the info. Do you have any advise on buying refurbished, or is that what you mean by used? There are a lot of good deals for refurbished, particularly through Walmart, but I'm not sure if they're trustworthy. I was looking at this one in particular. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Ref...ive-and-Windows-7-Professional/38760849#about

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
The model you linked is a bit dated but will work for you if you have a small budget. But if you can find an E6520 you'd be better off with the newer model.

NewtonLog

The model you linked is a bit dated but will work for you if you have a small budget. But if you can find an E6520 you'd be better off with the newer model.
Yeah, ideally I would want the newer model. I noticed many of the refurbished prices fluctuate quite a bit, even for the same model, and some claim to be a Microsoft authorized refurbisher. Can anyone explain the price differences or if the cheaper ones would be more likely to have problems?