Its pretty hot in here...

GSAV55

I have the computer in my sig air cooled, but after letting the computer run for a little while, or when I am playing games, my entire bedroom gets pretty hot. Would switching to water cooling help with this problem?

Thanks

GSAV55

Yeah. I just figured that watercooling would have a lower equilibrium, and so my room wouldn't get nearly as hot.

JamesBart

i have the same problem when im running all of my computers for production! its good in the winter but no so good in the summer as it all gets super hot :(

GSAV55

lmao, yeah, it definitely gets warmer. If i fall asleep with the computer on I will wake up sweating [eww] and if my door is closed I have to open it and turn my room fan all the way up. It isn't just an adrenaline thing.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Wouldn't getting water cooling just worsen the problem? As you're just pumping more heat out of the computer...

SirKenin

banned
lol. You should walk into my server room right now.. The two of them raise the temp about 7 degrees in there. It's pretty funny.

dave_w

I've noticed the same thing with mine, lol. There's not really too much you can do about it...and water cooling is a rather expensive proposition anyhow, assuming you really try to do it right.

GSAV55

Well i was just going to have a team of midgets run as fast as they can from outside into my room, which would create a low pressure system where they came from and thus suck the hot air out

royalmarine

seal the case completly, get 2 large 120mm pipes. run them from the pc fan port to outside the room. let the air go through them :D

Langers2k7

When we have LAN nights at my place, it's 6 desktops, 10 monitors, 3 laptops, 2 Xbox 360s and the 42" TV running at once. Think yourself lucky.

Mind you, I do live in England, and it is damned cold right now.

But no, water cooling would probably make it worse, UNLESS it's possible for you to put the radiator for it somewhere outside of your room then it would be greatly improved I think.

lion149

If you live in a house like mine where the room happens to be to the oustside wall it would be possible to just make a duct system as mentioned by others. Really would not be that complicated to be honest.
It is exactly the same concept for what is done for a dryer. Although it may be seen as excessive haha

I would say this is your only real solution besides moving to a colder state...