Just built my first computer, and it wont turn on?

wolfeking

banned
look in the manual on page 1-30.

Or you can take the battery out, disconnect the power supply from the wall (the power lead to the wall plug) and push the power on button several times to drain all power. Then reverse the process to assemble everything. I would suggest the jumper first though.

alexjb

That board requires 9 and in the right places. Only put them where the starred holes are in the motherboard.

oh ok thanks john, I guess I have to take it all back apart? Could you help me to find the correct 9 please I got very confused, thanks :)

alexjb

look in the manual on page 1-30.

Or you can take the battery out, disconnect the power supply from the wall (the power lead to the wall plug) and push the power on button several times to drain all power. Then reverse the process to assemble everything. I would suggest the jumper first though.

shoot so it's going to be full of static electricity now? I cannot just take it all apart? thanks :)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
oh ok thanks john, I guess I have to take it all back apart? Could you help me to find the correct 9 please I got very confused, thanks :)

Don't do anything to the bios until you fix the stand offs. I'll post a picture of where they are supposed to go. Give me a minute to create it. Touch any metal on your case to discharge yourself and then remove the motherboard.

alexjb

Don't do anything to the bios until you fix the stand offs. I'll post a picture of where they are supposed to go. Give me a minute to create it. Touch any metal on your case to discharge yourself and then remove the motherboard.

thank you so much :) I just noticed it was actually 11 I had put in there, I got very confused as it said A or B and there was parts saying AB and I wasn't sure which one's went where, thanks :) nothing worse than a headache and bad lighting, I have to use a torch and that's making it worse lol

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
thank you so much :) I just noticed it was actually 11 I had put in there, I got very confused as it said A or B and there was parts saying AB and I wasn't sure which one's went where, thanks :) nothing worse than a headache and bad lighting, I have to use a torch and that's making it worse lol

A torch?? As in a flame? Get rid of it and use a flashlight or go to a well lighted area. If you used 11 then most likely you are grounding out the board to the case. Here is a picture of where the standoffs go. Just watch out though, some cases have raised spots in place of standoffs so you don't need an extra stand off there. Not sure on your case though. Only put standoffs under the holes that are circled in red.

G43-l-3_zps7a96bae6.jpg

alexjb

A torch?? As in a flame? Get rid of it and use a flashlight or go to a well lighted area. If you used 11 then most likely you are grounding out the board to the case. Here is a picture of where the standoffs go. Just watch out though, some cases have raised spots in place of standoffs so you don't need an extra stand off there. Not sure on your case though. Only put standoffs under the holes that are circled in red.

G43-l-3_zps7a96bae6.jpg

thanks! :) haha nooo not a flame, a flashlight :) maybe they are called differently over here, thank you so much for this diagram, the case I am using is fractal Design R3 :) thank you so much :)

alexjb

Hmmm, this is strange, I've taken out the motherboard and put it in correctly now (thank you :) ) and put all the cables back as they were, removed RAM and placed it back in, but now it wont turn back on at all? before it was turning on every 5 seconds then shutting down but now it wont even turn on? :eek:

alexjb

hmmm this is strange, after putting the motherboard together with the correct stand offs and all the cables, it is still powering up turning off for 5 seconds, then powering up turning off for 5 seconds, etc etc? :eek:

wolfeking

banned
You don't enter a code. You move the jumper, or remove the battery and power and push the on button a couple times then put it back together.

alexjb

You don't enter a code. You move the jumper, or remove the battery and power and push the on button a couple times then put it back together.

thanks :) I found a video tutorial and followed that and put the pc back together but it's still not working, just turning on for 5 seconds and making a revving sound, and turning back off for 5 seconds, then turning back on etc, I dont know what to do :confused: