Kazaa is Evil. What about Limewire?

Vampiric Rouge

Even though i do use bit torrents most of the time some times i do use kazaa..
I have the kazaa lite and its spyware free. they actualy had the free kazaa lite taken off the net.. i had to find it on like page 34 of google or somthing like that....kazaa lite has been good to me so far.

randruff

The-Llamalizer said:
i dont dabble in any of these things because one, my dad despises p2p people (and i do a little cause its slowly eroding the industries that u love so much) and 2, im pretty darn sure that almost all of them have malicious software w/ them.

Wrong. Entertainment companies that do not want to adapt and do not want to lose the monopoly they once had over customers is the problem. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

randruff

If industry reps like the RIAA didnt operate business practices that pit them against the consumer, I can guarantee todays scenario with p2p would not be what it is. If you offer the average person a cheap, legitimate avenue of obtaining music, as opposed to paying $16.00 for a CD with two songs you want, more often than not they are going to go the legitimate way. The industries reps have painted themselves in a bad picture and people just do not want to support them.

Burgon

Limewire, the program it's self is spyware free but the thing that you download from it are being downloaded from different computers...
limewire makes a shared folder in your computer and wat ever is in there can be downloaded from limewire all around the world...
so limewire has no idea wat people are putting in their shared folders and so its full of spam, viruses, bugs etc.
So its not that safe...
... even limewire pro the latest version isnt...

ceewi1

VIP Member
Burgon said:
Limewire, the program it's self is spyware free but the thing that you download from it are being downloaded from different computers...
limewire makes a shared folder in your computer and wat ever is in there can be downloaded from limewire all around the world...
so limewire has no idea wat people are putting in their shared folders and so its full of spam, viruses, bugs etc.
So its not that safe...
... even limewire pro the latest version isnt...

1. What's with all the resurrecting of dead threads at the moment (not just you)?
2. You're absoultely right, and this applies to all P2P programs, not just limewire

Even though i do use bit torrents most of the time some times i do use kazaa..
I have the kazaa lite and its spyware free. they actualy had the free kazaa lite taken off the net.. i had to find it on like page 34 of google or somthing like that....kazaa lite has been good to me so far.
Kazaa lite's pretty hard to find. You can get Kazaa Lite Resurrection easily though (no spyware). I still prefer limewire though.

You guys need to look to the future, limewire and kazaa are in the past. The future of file sharing is in bit turrents.
Bittorrent is good for many files, but older files tend not to be seeded. In this case, kazaa lite or limewire are better. It's also easier to find small files on kazaa lite/limewire

atomic

randruff said:
Wrong. Entertainment companies that do not want to adapt and do not want to lose the monopoly they once had over customers is the problem. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

Isn't that suggesting illegal downloading? :p

Motoxrdude

i use bittorrents. You can download anything from there. I think the music industry should create some sort of service that provides unlimited music downloads for 15$ a month or something along those lines.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
the music industry is running scared, they are losing they brilliant little profit monster they once had, times are changing and they are refuing to keep up, by doing so they are losing out on profits and are getting a bit stroppy about it, lol.

Just like hollywood movie companies, with the new release of HD-DVD the movie makers are now limiting the resolution that HD-DVD movies can be manufactured and played at. The movie pirates have already stated that this limit can be easily broken and as such pirate HD-DVD's will be of higher quality than legitimate ones. If this isnt slapping yourself round the face with your own products then i dont know what is.

Companies who cant/wont/dont keep up with times and trends deserve to lose out, the movie and music uindustries are prime examples.

Please remeber im not enciting illegal downloading or pirate movies, im just proving a point.

dragon2309 :D

Dr Studly

banned
i have LimeWire Pro 4.10.5 Final
and i have BearShare Pro

LimeWire Pro connects 2 10 hosts BearShare connects to 9
but bearshare has MUCH better search results it shows all of a file's hosts... i have seen files with 1200 hosts on bearshare limewire only gets to around 200

i do NOT recomend bearshare unless u get pro... i got both limewire pro and bearshare pro for free ;)
forum rules say i can't say how, so i wont :cool:

bearshare free comes with adware, pro doesn't.

Go with LimeWire unless u can get a hold of BearShare Pro ;)

Veurruckte

Encore4More said:
i got both limewire pro and bearshare pro for free
forum rules say i can't say how, so i wont
Pirating software isn't difficult and certainly doesn't make you cool.

I use limewire pro and azuerus. Both work well for me.

Smoko

Veurruckte said:
Pirating software isn't difficult and certainly doesn't make you cool.

I use limewire pro and azuerus. Both work well for me.

It is if you're on dial up. :(

I use LimeWire, Fresh Download, FileZilla, X-Chat and Azuerus

Veurruckte

Smoko said:
It is if you're on dial up. :(

I use LimeWire, Fresh Download, FileZilla, X-Chat and Azuerus
Haha. I suppose it would be much more frustrating on dialup (IE: Downloading a large file labeled "photoshop.exe" only to have your anti-virus go haywire), but you're still a criminal :p .

Smoko

Veurruckte said:
Haha. I suppose it would be much more frustrating on dialup (IE: Downloading a large file labeled "photoshop.exe" only to have your anti-virus go haywire), but you're still a criminal :p .

That's not as bad as being half way through something called vsnet2k3pro.exe, and having it die on you. :(.

Also, this forums emoticons are creepy.

ceewi1

VIP Member
tweaker said:
Huh thats not true. :)
??? How's it not true. When you download files from P2P, there's a chance that they may contain viruses. You can never be sure if you're actually downloading the file you want, or if it contains a virus. I've downloaded (and removed without incident) viruses from limewire, kazaa lite, bittorrent, etc...

Moral of the story: If you're going to use P2P, make sure you have an up to date virus scanner.