Laptop Lol

g4m3rof1337

Alright.
Now I actually need a laptop for school.

I also want to do other things like gaming and stuff.

I was thinking Alienware cause I like the way they look, and they look pretty decent.

Heres what I would like it to have...

Dual core Cpu.
Powerful Gpu.
Big hard drive.
Built in web cam.
17'' wide screen.
Thin and portable.
2gb of RAM.
A keyboard that doesn't have a full sized number pad.
And the ability to play games like BF2, BF 2142, WoW and stuff on max settings.

Ill look myself to give you some ideas.

Budget...

Under $2000 Its OK if it goes over a little.

Thanks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220185

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Thats a nice laptop, but it may be cheaper and better if you go with an Inspiron E1705 with a C2D and 7900GS, since it would perform better then the 8600M.

XxSNIPERxX

banned
DAMN thats an awsome laptop:D:D i want it:p
hopefully ur the biggest kid in school so u dont get jumped for it:p

Last edited:

g4m3rof1337

Hey.

Omega, isnt the 8600 Dx10? Wouldn't that perform better then the 7900gs? Or is it the other way around? I just want to play those games on high max. And I am totally open minded to suggestions, so Ill keep the E1705 in mind. Thanks.

Sniper, I am the only kid at my school. Lol. I am taking high school online. And I don't want to be stuck in my room on a desktop. So I am getting a laptop to go to a cafe or something and work there.

Thanks

XxSNIPERxX

banned
Sniper, I am the only kid at my school. Lol. I am taking high school online. And I don't want to be stuck in my room on a desktop. So I am getting a laptop to go to a cafe or something and work there.
Thanks

Oohh :eek: u shud be ok then:D

but if u got the money get alienware:p i dont care what anyone else says i think their the best laptops u can buy:D they look awesome (in green) and if u pay enough they can be better than alot of desktops..

bluedishwasher

Oohh :eek: u shud be ok then:D

but if u got the money get alienware:p i dont care what anyone else says i think their the best laptops u can buy:D they look awesome (in green) and if u pay enough they can be better than alot of desktops..
best laptops you can buy = rock
and alienware is owned by Dell :(

Geoff

VIP Member
Hey.

Omega, isnt the 8600 Dx10? Wouldn't that perform better then the 7900gs? Or is it the other way around? I just want to play those games on high max. And I am totally open minded to suggestions, so Ill keep the E1705 in mind. Thanks.
Yes the 8600 is a DX10 card, which is a plus, but it's not that good of a performer. Overall I believe the 7900GS would be the better performing card.

g4m3rof1337

Well.
Alienware doesn't have Dx10 cards. Dell and other manufactures do.

I want a Dx10 card so it will be future proof.

Thanks.

Geoff

VIP Member
Well.
Alienware doesn't have Dx10 cards. Dell and other manufactures do.

I want a Dx10 card so it will be future proof.

Thanks.
First off, you buy and return/sell your laptops and desktop parts every few months, it's not like your going to keep it for years.

Second, even the 8600 wont be able to play the upcoming DX10 games that well, maybe on low settings.

g4m3rof1337

Hmmm...
Then I may get a good gaming laptop. But get a good Dx10 card for my desktop.

How would dual 7900gs's handle WoW and Halo 2 Vista with 2gb memory.

Thanks.