Laptops Into Desktops

Devin

Yes I did. I see just no functional purpose in making a desktop into a laptop. But if your're just trying to do something unique, then I support you.
Other way around. Laptop to a desktop. I game on my laptop and could run several more games that I own and currently can't play by just adding a few fps this single problem is simply achieved by removing the hardware to help cool the gpu and stop the temp throttling. After barber school is finished in the coming months I will have no need for its mobility and thus I'd like to have fun with it and ghettofy it to play better.

_Kyle_

Other way around. Laptop to a desktop. I game on my laptop and could run several more games that I own and currently can't play by just adding a few fps this single problem is simply achieved by removing the hardware to help cool the gpu and stop the temp throttling. After barber school is finished in the coming months I will have no need for its mobility and thus I'd like to have fun with it and ghettofy it to play better.
Ahhh, I see. Well then, just make sure your chassis has good ventilation. I would suggest wiring a fan to the PSU and mounting it on the side of the newly made chassis. A 360mm fan sounds like a good size. I can't guarantee the fan thing will work though.

Devin

I don't find that rude. I salute you for your honesty, just avoid offending staff.

But, if you want some help:
  1. Are you gonna integrate the computer directly into the monitor, or mount it on the back?
Thank you so much for your actually helpful response. If I offended anyone they should know who began the offence. I have many ideas floating through my head. One of them is to find a cheap ish mid tower case with a window and use angle saw to out a space or to make some sort of custom hinge to attach the old monitor to the case where the window is. However I will be using it as a desktop setup where you likely won't see that screen 90 percent of the time

_Kyle_

Thank you so much for your actually helpful response. If I offended anyone they should know who began the offence. I have many ideas floating through my head. One of them is to find a cheap ish mid tower case with a window and use angle saw to out a space or to make some sort of custom hinge to attach the old monitor to the case where the window is. However I will be using it as a desktop setup where you likely won't see that screen 90 percent of the time
What are the dimensions of the mainboard?

Devin

Ahhh, I see. Well then, just make sure your chassis has good ventilation. I would suggest wiring a fan to the PSU and mounting it on the side of the newly made chassis. A 360mm fan sounds like a good size. I can't guarantee the fan thing will work though.
I'll have to use a separate PSU when I hook up the fans and external graphics card set up. I was thinking I may partician off the section of chassis to just the main components and just the gpu and power supply. That way I could use 4 large fans to pull air through the front of each of the 2 sections and 2 drawing air out.

_Kyle_

I'll have to use a separate PSU when I hook up the fans and external graphics card set up. I was thinking I may partician off the section of chassis to just the main components and just the gpu and power supply. That way I could use 4 large fans to pull air through the front of each of the 2 sections and 2 drawing air out.
Sounds overkill, but I like it!