Letter J instead of £ sign ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieCurtis

Hi everyone,

I have a really annoying problem which, ok, I could live with but I was just wondoring if anyone knew any way that i can fix it; pound signs (£) on alot of sites I visit (I use internet explorer 7) show up as the letter J for some strange reason... this includes some forums, ebay and a few shopping sites however not many. I sometimes use mozilla but the £ signs show up correctly in that, however i dont use it due to a conflict with "object desktop" that makes my mouse pointer lag... but thats another issue. I have not tried re-installing internet explorer yet is it worth a shot?

any ideas?

Thanks x

DrCuddles

hahaha, sorry but that's quite funny.

The only thing i can suggest is to reisntall Internet explorer...

other than that, it would be to repair or reinstall your OS.. which is a crap option

DrCuddles

I am guessing it is something to do with your character map, although im not sure how to change it, maybe a nice old forum user will come along and lend a hand :)

12-Gauge

It's really easy to fix, you just buy this software for like J5.99 and then pay J1.99 every month and they change them for you.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I'd try re-installing IE, it's a good safe bet that it'll work. Or maybe the web sites use a different character map than you so it shows up differently?

If the problem carries on after installing IE again, use FF for the web sites that don't work properly.

DrCuddles

It's really easy to fix, you just buy this software for like J5.99 and then pay J1.99 every month and they change them for you.

dude, that wasnt very funny, the guy needs help, dont need to make fun of him, post a helpful post or please save the funny ones for the gaming section ;)

Yes, i would try FireFox too, it seems to sort some bugs on pages that Internet Explorer shows!

Last edited:

12-Gauge

dude, that wasnt very funny, the guy needs help, dont need to make fun of him, post a helpful post or please save the funny ones for the gaming section

Lol. My bad. It was a bit crude wasn't it? :D Won't happen again

JamesBart

does this happen when you are typing normally? say its in word or is it only just IE? im having problems with IE and like people are saying try FF its much better IMO. :)

EddieCurtis

does this happen when you are typing normally? say its in word or is it only just IE? im having problems with IE and like people are saying try FF its much better IMO. :)

nope... only happens in IE.. its so strange? i had a bit of free time earlier so took the time to re-install (instead of going about my daily routine of sitting on counter-strike) but still happening :mad:

...on another note... ill pay you all J1.00 to stop taking the piss out of me!!

haha cheers for the help so far guys, much appreciated x

i have almost the same problem except my problem doesn't only happen in ie7 it happens in word Firefox and in any other application.lol.

the " sign and the @ sign are swapped around...
i can live with it it's not a big deal, well im not gonna reinstall my os just coz of that.lol.

DrCuddles

Do you mean when you type on your keyboard these letters are swapped?

Because if this is thecase then you have your keyboard lay out set to US not UK and nee to change it :)

If this is the case then just reply that it is and ill tell you how :D

Kornowski

VIP Member
i have almost the same problem except my problem doesn't only happen in ie7 it happens in word Firefox and in any other application.lol.

the " sign and the @ sign are swapped around...
i can live with it it's not a big deal, well im not gonna reinstall my os just coz of that.lol.

Ok, It may not be exact, but it's somewhere here...

Start > Control Panel > Language and Regional Options > Advanced > Keyboard, Change it to UK.

DrCuddles

Make sure that UK is your default Layout, i just delete the US one so it doesnt accidentally do anything in the future... you know what windows is like :p

Status
Not open for further replies.