Letter J instead of £ sign ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieCurtis

character encoding?

cheers for the help so far lads... i have been through my character map and every £ sign in every font is the pound sign (not a J) so its not that... how do i check this character encoding?

thanks x

zaroba

sounds like its useing a different language layout to me. different region specific keyboards have slightly different layouts. like the _ and ? and a few others are swapped on american and england keyboards, even though everything else is still the same.

are you sure your using the correct region keyboard layout setting for the keyboard your using?

to check this, you first need to know what the keyboard layout is.
goto control panel, open the keyboard settings, and select the hardware tab. it probably will say what it is.

then goto the region and language settings in the control panal. select the keyboard tab and make sure that its set to use the correct language layout.

as for why its not showing correctly only in a few places, the keyboard might even be setup to use multiple language packs and thus IE is telling it to start useing a different one when its up for whatever reason. or theres a hotkey setup to switch between them that you don't know about

Last edited:

EddieCurtis

Thanks for the help zarob, i followed the steps but no luck =[
my keyboard is set to UK and language is also, i found the one in internet explorer was set to En-US, i changed this to En-GB but once again, no luck.

it must be a problem with the settings in IE because it only happens in IE and only on certain websites, the main one being ebay.

x

thnx people, dr cuddles and kornowski,
im going to try it now, it happened ever since i reinstalled windows, i think i just left it to the us keyboard config
i had a feeling it was that...

Status
Not open for further replies.