Open a command prompt and enter this: "sc config spooler depend= RPCSS"

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
It should do this:
Code:
C:\>sc config spooler depend= RPCSS
[SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS

What did yours come back with? can you paste it or take a screenshot?

Hyper_Kagome

You're printer driver is not installed. Please install your printer driver.

... Ooookay. I'm not lost. I just installed the CD...
I have an idea though, so I may get this to work.

EDIT: Well getting the drivers off the site and stuff didn't work. Still telling me to install the drivers...

EDIT AGAIN: I put it in another USB, it wanted me to check for hardwear so I did. It was installing then this:
An error occurred during the installation of the device.
The specified print monitor is unknown.

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Try running this uninstaller. Maybe something is left that is screwing it up.

Attachments

• LxXP75cleanLE.zip
    82 KB · Views: 9

Hyper_Kagome

Rebooted and now running the installation from the disk.
---

Still getting the same problems. The printer won't print but the scanner scans, for some retarded reason..

Last edited:

Hyper_Kagome

I just got around to using that online chat today, took around 2 hours but I got the printer installed and working again... only thin I now have that SAME popup from before the computer went in to get fixed.
"Microsoft Office 2000 Premium"
Close it, etc, internet popup. I just got that twice in less than five minutes of having the printer up and running again.

Thing is, when we took the computer in to get rid of the pop up, the printer stopped working...
------
Nevermind, I believe I fixed it again.

Last edited:

Hyper_Kagome

I actually have the transcript. It was e-mailed to me after I had clicked End on the help window.

[Ashley] Lexmark x75 Printer all-in-printer will scan objects and not print any documents. "The Lexmark x74-x75 Printer Drivers are not installed. Please install the drivers." The driver was downloaded from the website and was ran and it didn't do anything. Running Windows XP.
[Romeo] Welcome to Lexmark Chat Support.
[Ashley] Thanks.
[Ashley] I was disconnected from my last chat on Tech Support, I'm sorry if it happens again.
[Romeo] I will help you with this issue.
[Ashley] Thanks. It's appreciated.
[Romeo] OK, to rule out a hardware issue, let us perform a self test on your printer.
[Ashley] Okay.
[Romeo] Please disconnect and then reconnect the power supply on the printer and make sure it makes a setup noise when the cable is reattached. Will the printer perform a form feed with paper loaded when the gray button is pressed?
Next, try this printer self-test by following the steps given below:
1. Turn the printer's "Power" off (metal button).
2. Press and hold the "Paper Feed" (gray) button.
3. While holding the "Paper Feed" button down turn the "Power" button on and hold both buttons until the power light comes on 5-7 seconds.
4. Release both "Power" and "Paper Feed" buttons.
5. The printer should feed a sheet of paper in and print a test page.
The self-test should at least print out a set of either black or color bars, if not both (if you have a printer with both color and black installed simultaneously).
[Ashley] Okay. That all worked.
[Romeo] Ok, Please click on "Start" "Programs" and let me know if Lexmark series printer is listed there.
[Ashley] Yes, it is in the list of programs.
[Romeo] Please click on "Start" "Control panel" "Printers" and let me know what you see there.
[Ashley] Under the Printer is doesn't show Lexmark, but it does show Lexmark under the scanner option.
[Romeo] Please let me know if you are running any firewall or anti-virus on your computer.
[Ashley] Just Spybot and AVG
[Romeo] Please turn that off.
[Ashley] Alright. Done.
[Romeo] Ok, please click on "Start" "Programs" "Lexmark series printer" and click on 'Uninstall'.
[Ashley] I don't have an uninstall option.
[Romeo] Ok, To access the Lexmark X75 XP driver, you may copy and paste the web address given below:
http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:349:0:0&emeaframe=&fileID=566
[Ashley] Alright. I'm saving it to the computer now.
[Romeo] Ok, please save it on your computer desktop only.
[Ashley] Saved.
[Romeo] Ok, please let me know if it saved on your desktop.
[Ashley] It i.
[Ashley] is*
[Romeo] Please click on that and unzip the files. Then please follow the onscreen instructions to install the drivers.
[Ashley] It's saying that my printer isn't connected correctly when all connections are pushed in and connected.
[Romeo] Please unplug and replug the USB cable on the computer.
[Ashley] I did that just now and it still won't let me continue.
[Romeo] Please let me know if the anti virus is turned off.
[Ashley] They all seem to ve,
[Ashley] be*
[Ashley] Oh. It's installing now.
[Romeo] Ok.
[Ashley] Alright. It updated the system and such, and the window closed.
[Romeo] Please let me know if it asked you to print a test page.
[Ashley] No, it didn't.
[Romeo] I suggest that you try to print a Windows Test Page to check if communication exists between the computer and the printer.
Please follow the steps given below:
1. Click on "Start," "Control Panel," and "Printer and Faxes" (or) "Start," "Settings," and "Printers" depending on your OS.
2. Right click on the Lexmark printer icon and select "Properties."
3. Click on the "Print Test Page" button.

[Ashley] I still don't have a Lexmark icon under Printers and Faxes.
[Ashley] I do have a Microsoft XPS Document Writer icon though, which gives me a test page option.
[Romeo] There may be a piece of software that is interfering with the printer's communication ability, or your computer may be experiencing a system resource problem. We can alleviate these issues by putting your computer into the "Selective Startup" mode. This will prevent any software applications other than Windows from loading when the system starts.
[Ashley] Okay.
[Romeo] Please follow the steps given below:
1. Click on "Start" and then "Run."
2. Type "MSCONFIG" on the open line, then click "OK."
3. When the "System Configuration Utility" opens, place the marker dot beside "Selective Startup." Then below that uncheck the option that says "Load Startup Group Items." Then click "Apply" and "OK." This will prompt you to restart the system and you will need to do this. When your system restarts, only the Windows operating system should be running. You should not see any icons in the lower right hand corner of the screen beside the clock.
4. Please try to install the printer again.
5. If it works, then the problem was one (or more) of the applications that were loaded into memory.
6. You can return your system to its original configuration by clicking on "Start" then "Run" and typing "MSCONFIG" on the open line. Then click "OK." Put the marker dot beside "Normal Startup" and then click "Apply" and "OK."
7. Restart the computer.
[Ashley] I was just looking at the "System Config" page and the Selective Startup was already selected and there was still a check beside the "Load Startup Items". Should I still uncheck that and click apply?
[Romeo] I apologize for the late response. We are facing some technical issues due to which my responses were not reaching you.
[Ashley] That's alright.
[Romeo] Yes uncheck it and select 'Apply'.
[Ashley] Alright. Restarting. If I continue to have problems, I'll just come back to the Tech Chat.
[Ashley] But, once I reboot and install it again, and recheck normal startup, should I recheck Load Startup Items again?
[Romeo] Sure, We are here to help you. This should however resolve the issue.
[Romeo] Please complete the chat survey by clicking on the "End" tab, with overall 5 being the best, as this will help us to better our service.
[Ashley] Should I recheck "Load Startup Items" along with "Normal Startup" after I install the printer?
[Romeo] Yes, you need to.
[Ashley] Alright. Thank you for the help.
[Romeo] You are welcome Ashley, Please complete the chat survey by clicking on the "End" tab, with overall 5 being the best, as this will help us to better our service

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
So it was something in startup was preventing the driver from installing...must be an extremely finicky driver. Or you have something weird in startup that tries to prevent system changes. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before. Either way, good to know. It's still weird that the scanner portion was fine but oh well, it's working now