lightspeed laptop

techtic

@rwm:lmao if you only knew the half of it. i've spent retartedly at least 100$ on phone bills just talking to customer service....f*&ked up when i think back at it.

@fatback. thanks. nice name. emphasis on the latter

techtic

where should i look for better batteries (ebay doesnt have so much and im on the go and would want 2 separate batteries for my laptop)?

rwm19

u mean like a 9 or 12 cell? look around for a replacement for the laptop. should be pretty easy to find.

techtic

hopefully my last post before i buy my laptop!!!

i did the math and realized that the dell was 1400$ and i could get nearly the same one (http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-Studio-174...ViewItem&pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item2c55eaf254) just without the warranty for 950$, 450$ less! i realized that i'd be crazy to buy the dell even with its amazing international warranty. the only question is if i could find a cheaper computer with warranty on ebay. i did, but the price difference was 250$ from the ebay compuer without a warranty. is it worth that much for a 2 yr warranty? i think no. and this is why:

the average person over his 2 yr. owning of a laptop doesnt break a thing. if he breaks it it's something replaceable like the software, the power cord, hard drive, or ram. rarely is it something like the motherboard or keyboard and in that case i always could just call up a technician to fix it for much less than 250$. what do you think? is it worth spending money on a warranty for this 950$ computer or is it worth taking a risk?

a lot of what's going into my change of thought is what i got from researching international warranties on google.i got many sites, forums, and complaints all about how bad international warranties were in comparison to domestic ones. that's besides all the phone calls i had to make to clueless customer service workers at hp, toshiba, dell, asus, and lenovo respectively about their international warranties (that includes calls in israel itself i made about the warranty of a computer from america). i think besides the lack of expense, the easier way out might just be diagnosing the problem myself and then buying the replacement part or getting it fixed by a technician. that is, if it even breaks over the course of my 2 yrs owning it.

thanks a lot to everyone for the help!!!