Liquid Cooling for my PC

linkin

VIP Member
Well. I would recommend XFX for the double lifetime warranty. I think you also get a digital download key for DiRT 2.

davidandersson

I have chosen to go for the suggested Noctua brand. I'm getting 3 Noctua NF-S12CFLX 120mm fans which will be providing the cooling for the liquid.

I just read that in the computer whilst being water cooled the parts that are may get as cold as that there may be evaporation on the tubs and waterblocks... Could that really happen? I think that the blocks will be too hot and the liquid can only be cooled to surrounding temperatures, unless I stick the radiator in a fridge which I'm not planning to do...

just a noob

I have chosen to go for the suggested Noctua brand. I'm getting 3 Noctua NF-S12CFLX 120mm fans which will be providing the cooling for the liquid.

I just read that in the computer whilst being water cooled the parts that are may get as cold as that there may be evaporation on the tubs and waterblocks... Could that really happen? I think that the blocks will be too hot and the liquid can only be cooled to surrounding temperatures, unless I stick the radiator in a fridge which I'm not planning to do...

You won't get condensation, unless you're going below ambient temperature(also, don't stick the radiator in the fridge, you'll just end up with a dead fridge). But, for a while(maybe even a month) you will notice a drop in water levels, even after being properly bled(there are pockets of air that will come out slowly) and when that happens, just top off the reservoir with more distilled water

davidandersson

Sounds fair enough...

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone would fine it useful if I wrote about how I installed the liquid cooling system?

davidandersson

I have looked into this further and have found that there are numerous different brands that don't look too bad. Since I have gotten a new GPU (ATI 5850) I have also had to change the water block around. Below are links to the website were i would like to get the parts from. What should I get? (links go to searches that list the different hardware):

Safety Kit

CPU Water Block

GPU Water Block

Pump

The different hose sizes don't matter because I can get metal bits that make the size change. The price is also not too relevant. The total budget would be at around 400 dollars.