Long Distance Networking?

massahwahl

VIP Member
Ive tried ServU. In fact i think i tried them all but had a little more features than i wanted. It was a big learning curve for me but when i figured it out i was good to go. I settled with WinFTP. I think RealVNC comes in handy and another adventure. it allows you to take over another computer remotely besides having access and using it as simple as you would use your own computer. drag and drop.

Look at this site though. It helped when i was trying to figure it besides getting the support here. i think you will both.
http://www.portforward.com/

Both of those are pay-to-use though, I need a free solution

Geoff

VIP Member
Liteserv is a little pricey...is there a free solution out there?
I know it costs money, I wouldn't recommend purchasing it. I was telling you it was a good program to test out FTP to see if it's what you need, because it's extremely easy to set up.

massahwahl

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];830639 said:
I know it costs money, I wouldn't recommend purchasing it. I was telling you it was a good program to test out FTP to see if it's what you need, because it's extremely easy to set up.

I didnt see where you could test it out though?

axgrinder73

Apparently Apache does not work with Vista, but Xampp does which is just another version of apache?

How do I port forward 80 an 443? I went into my router and tried to do it but it wont save them>

I said to open 80 and clicked enable, but it wont save them after i tell it to

Did you set your IP to a static address, and port forward to that address?