Looking for a desktop!

adam98150

Anyone got a UK based link to any sites or shops for a desktop?

Well the maximum i want to spend is around £300. Dont want to spend much more because its a 2nd pc but could do if i have to.

The specs?
-Dual core or Duo
-1gb Ram
-Decent graphics card

Thats about it, not too fussed about harddrive.

Jabes

banned
Anyone got a UK based link to any sites or shops for a desktop?

Well the maximum i want to spend is around £300. Dont want to spend much more because its a 2nd pc but could do if i have to.

The specs?
-Dual core or Duo
-1gb Ram
-Decent graphics card

Thats about it, not too fussed about harddrive.

build one yourself I'm not from the uk but there are other people like kornowski that are in the uk and could tell u where to get parts

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Best to build to a nice custom machine and get more for your money, but if you don't feel comfortable doing so then you can get a retail caomputer like a hp or compaq.

I just don't think you will get much at all for £300, and it wouldn't be dual core. Even if you were to build yourself you might be able to fit a low end dual core in the budget

adam98150

It doesn't come with a graphics card:

This one looks good,
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/128219

But then again it doesn't come with a graphics card, I don't think you'll be able to find one for that price that comes with a good one, sorry.

The Gateway model.

'Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Up to 224MB Shared Video Memory'

"Experience smoother video, vibrant photos and fast gaming with premium Intel® graphics featuring up to 224MB shared video memory."

Isn't that a graphics card? If not can i put some form of Nvidia in the Gateway? Maybe a 7 series model?

Jabes

banned
The Gateway model.

'Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Up to 224MB Shared Video Memory'

"Experience smoother video, vibrant photos and fast gaming with premium Intel® graphics featuring up to 224MB shared video memory."

Isn't that a graphics card? If not can i put some form of Nvidia in the Gateway? Maybe a 7 series model?

on board is crap and u can put a nvidia in that computer

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Yeah its onboard, but you won't be able to play games with it. Though you can upgrade it later down the road.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
You can't remove the onboard, when you add a nvidia card in the PCIe 16 slot it should "disable" the onboard, if not you can do it in bios which is easy

adam98150

You can't remove the onboard, when you add a nvidia card in the PCIe 16 slot it should "disable" the onboard, if not you can do it in bios which is easy

Cheers!
What sort of Nvidia would you recommend which is compatible with this machine? Maybe a Geforce Go 7600?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, it'd be fine, but if you were to stick something like an 8800 in there, you'd probably need to upgrade the power supply.

Yeah, that 7600 would be cool! :)