looking for a motherboard

i am hopefully going to be building a budget gaming computer and i am having problems finding a mobo. i have chosen a intel e7200 for the cpu.

what i am looking for is around £60 it needs to have support for 800mh ddr2 ram and and pci x16 or 2.0 if possible for this price. i havnt decided on a gpu yet either a ati4850 or and nvidia 9800gtx. o and it needs to support the cpu above of course
it has to be of ebuyer im afriad as im in england sorry i know most of you work in $ on this forum :)

i look forward to your ideas
thanks in advance

The other dude, Asking what your budget was, even though you mentioned it in your first post, lol.

yes i thought that after i wrote i made myself look a bit of a arse there.
about the mobo anyway i like the look of that alot i might have to stetch to that a few questions though as ebuyer dosnt seem to have many specs on for that mobo for some reason. is it pci x16 or the 2.0 and if its the x16 and i get a card that is 2.0 will the card still work?

thanks

ah ha did some googleing and found it has x16 so is a say ati 4850 still gonna work?

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
I skipped over it. I'm used to the $ symbol. Grow up.

Here, I'll do you a favour;

Are you serious!? You went to School, right?

Just in case you missed that... Surely, if you went to School, you'd know that the £ is a form of currency, too. There are other countries besides the US you know.

I am all growed up, I'm at University. By the sound of things, you haven't even finished School yet... So, very hypercritical remark. Grow up!

Kornowski

VIP Member
ermi t quite hard to do a search for these as i donmt know what make they are

They're chipsets. So, basically any motherboard which features any of them in the name, is good (with in reason, obviously there are better brands). For example, the motherboard I linked you to, is;

GA-P35-DS3

If you look in the name, it's a P35 chipset, which are pretty good.
Also, I have the EVGA 750i FTW. Which is a 750i chipset. ;)

Make sense?