Looking for a new printer

Respital

Old printer conked out so I'm looking for a new one. I've looked at the top rated printers at newegg.ca. I'm looking at both of these printers however they strike me as older models. Would anyone recommend anything different?

Respital

Last edited:

tremmor

I always thought they are like in comparison to dvd burners now. Myself i have HP and always did. Im just saying pay attention to ink cartridges and capacity of ink. and how much for a new one. Then again ive seen some cheap printers out there. get in to em cheap. they will burn ya on the cartridges. its called catch up. I like HP. still have a HP 722. works fine. its just a printer.

Respital

I always thought they are like in comparison to dvd burners now. Myself i have HP and always did. Im just saying pay attention to ink cartridges and capacity of ink. and how much for a new one. Then again ive seen some cheap printers out there. get in to em cheap. they will burn ya on the cartridges. its called catch up. I like HP. still have a HP 722. works fine. its just a printer.

Yeah, the brother ink cartridges I've seen on Amazon and alike are cheap for the amount of pages they print.

It seems you are partial to Brother series printers. I have this printer

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828106796CVF

Very cheap ink and nice features like double sided printing automatically.

Looks nice, looking for something with a scanner though.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I mostly use either Epson or Canon all in ones anymore. The last few HP I've had sound like they were going to fly apart when printing.

tremmor

I don't know what your using for. Something else it a waste
of time to print on photo paper. Depending on where ya live
just for the record only. i can email to sites like walmart, walgreen
and several stores. lot cheaper ya know if you did not. about 9 cents
a picture.
thought it was a good time to bring it up. Just for documentation then
any will work.
thats me.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The last few HP I've had sound like they were going to fly apart when printing.

I've owned 2 hp printers and 1 pc and will never buy HP again. 1 printer lasted 6 months and the other lasted just a few months before it broke. I've had lexmark ever since and haven't had any issues.

Stealthy.

Whops, no media card slots...i use my printer for that now, should i look into getting something else for that?

Its got a card slot on it. In the front above the pictbridge/usb port.

28-106-796CVF-03.jpg

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
I've had lexmark ever since and haven't had any issues.

I haven't had any experience with Lexmark myself. But I built my Mother a new computer about 2 years ago. She still had a old huge printer and scanners, think the printer was a Dell, not for sure about the scanner. But anyway I got a good deal on a Lexmark all in one and gave it to her.

Like said 2 years ago, and she hasn't had one problem with it. My Mother could tear up a screwdriver. So they must be reliable. lol

Respital

I've owned 2 hp printers and 1 pc and will never buy HP again. 1 printer lasted 6 months and the other lasted just a few months before it broke. I've had lexmark ever since and haven't had any issues.

Its got a card slot on it. In the front above the pictbridge/usb port.

28-106-796CVF-03.jpg

I have an HP printer now and I don't really have any complaints about it except that it's very loud and seems to have broken now (some sort of problem with the ink cartridge holder).

Didn't notice the card slot, this printer sure is stealthy.

I haven't had any experience with Lexmark myself. But I built my Mother a new computer about 2 years ago. She still had a old huge printer and scanners, think the printer was a Dell, not for sure about the scanner. But anyway I got a good deal on a Lexmark all in one and gave it to her.

Like said 2 years ago, and she hasn't had one problem with it. My Mother could tear up a screwdriver. So they must be reliable. lol

I had a Lexmark WAY back, probably 8 years ago and I hated it..they must have changed i guess.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about that. I don't install the extra software as I never use it. I don't remember if it comes with extra software to be honest. All I can say is that the printer has some really nice features, cheap ink, wireless/usb/ethernet hook up, double sided printing. It also has a 5 year warranty instead of a one year warranty if you register it within 90 days I believe. I wished I could help you on what software it comes with though. I know it has lexmark utilities to where you can scan items into pdf format. I just don't know if it has any photo software or not, like i said, i don't install that extra stuff.