Looking for a new printer

soybean

The Brother MFC-790CW is one of the models in the link in your original post. I have one of them and have been pleased with it. I believe ink cost compares favorably to many other printers. I just bought a black cartridge from Amazon.com for #13.32; since I ordered another item which made the total order exceed $25, I got free shipping on both items. Now, if you buy at a local retailer such as Staples, the cost is a good bit higher, which is why I usually buy online. My printing activity is really minimal so this black cartridge will probably last me at least 6 months.

You mentioned scanning. I like how the Brother software lets me initiate scanning from the computer. My son recently moved away and I still get some of his mail coming here. If it's something important, I can scan directly to a new email message, the file being in PDF format. In other words, it opens the default email client with the PDF file attached. All I need to do then is enter his email account, a subject, etc. and send it.

david444

Old printer conked out so I'm looking for a new one. I've looked at the top rated printers at newegg.ca. I'm looking at both of these printers however they strike me as older models. Would anyone recommend anything different?

I'm using a HP Photosmart C5180 mainly for college, works well had no problems with it HP are usually a reliable brand anyways plus the ink cartridges I get a really cheap from http://www.printerinkcartridges.ie :) hope this helps