Lots of units causes lag

Okedokey

As said above and several times (many) it's your CPU that's the problem not the GPU. Also said before, you're better off with a platform upgrade (eg i3 and mobo) rathere than jamming another slow amd chip in there. But since you're too lazy to actually try anything to test or isolate the issue, I give up. Like talking to a brick wall.

VpS_Serenity

Yea it's like a brick wall, when the wall doesn't come with any specific recommendations as asked, and instead thinks aloud about the same thing over and over again.

claptonman

The video cards that will be faster than a 570 are a 580, 670, 680, or AMD 7950 or 7970. Those are the only cards faster than a 570. I would not recommend spending the extra money on them since the card you have is fine.

Okedokey

Yea it's like a brick wall, when the wall doesn't come with any specific recommendations as asked, and instead thinks aloud about the same thing over and over again.

Yeah, no specific recommendations. Are you serious?
You will get improvement by overclocking your cpu.

One thing you can try to do is to use the nvidia control panel 3D settings for the games you lag in to increase the number of pre-rendered frames. This will put more of the workload on the GPU rather than the slower, less effective CPU. Experiment with that.

Learn how to properly overclock that CPU and motherboard and you will probably get a big boost. You need to to it incrementally and slowly, monitoring temperatures with software and testing effectiveness with the benchmarks and games.

.....You could confirm this view by turning of post processing and turn down setttings to medium and see what your FPS does.

...not a lot you can do besides OC or platform upgrade.

But the best way to test it is to ensure you have defrag your hard drive (to remove some of that lag), use readyboost where you don't have an SSD, and overclock your CPU, start at 3.0GHz and test from there. Watch the temps.

Reinstall windows.

Without doing the following in order, you are wasting yours and our time:

Exit all programs (properly exit) and open task manager
Wait 5 minutes or so and report what has the highest CPU usage
then...

If all seems well and nothing is using your CPU during idle, then do reinstall.

else,

Go here and check for viruses.

If you have viruses, rebuild your image (i.e reinstall).

Reinstall Windows and if that doesn't help, you know its your CPU (which it is).

You just want the lazy fix approach that doesn't include the actual problem - your CPU. If you don't take the systematic approach as asked, then as said, you're wasting people's time.

You have two options assuming your software is installed without corruption

Overclock your CPU.
Buy a new CPU.

Pretty simple.

I know, i don't understand why people would even think of that - lol

Why? Because you asked them too.

ill ask again like i probably already did, which GPU can you recommend for my equipment?

So finally, OP, if you want help, take the advice and do the troubleshooting. Else, if you know whats wrong - fix it and stop wasting our time.

Last edited:

VpS_Serenity

Wasting time, wasting time, you're still repeating, where are the recommendations or to cut it into pieces since you obviously didn't understand the question: Product recommendation? So drop all the quoting with all the recommendation of "lazy" fixes and understand what i'm asking.

Also, i didn't ask them about the graphic card, so why would they/you recommend a better at all? It's probably the LEAST problem of the equipment.

VpS_Serenity

You seem to like quotes, so here's one for you in fact you think the "Product recommendation" is something i just made up or didn't ask about.

I just thought there might be some services or programs that could clear up some of the used speed or something to improve the performance.

Why do people talk so much about overclocking software when you recommend doing it through the BIOS?

I've done some research on new CPU which i might consider buying, and I want to know your opinions on those:

- Intel Core i5-2500K / 3.3 GHz (about $260)
- AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 95W AM3 (about $140)
- AMD Phenom II X4 3.4 GHz Black edition 125W (about $131)

As far as i can see, all you said was that 2 of them weren't compatible, and thereafter reinstall windows. So instead of all this, lazyness you talk about, what about answering/recommending something to stop wasting your own time which is so precious?

Okedokey

I didn't recommend a new graphics card in actual fact I said it was your CPU all along I was simply trying to ensure that was definitely it. Its called TROUBLESHOOTING. And its a systematic approach so you can isolate exactly what the problem is.

You did ask about your graphics card (GPU) as shown in my previous post so pull your head in.

ill ask again like i probably already did, which GPU can you recommend for my equipment?

But to address your latest randomness:

The 2500K requires a 1155 intel socket, which you don't have.
The AM3 chip is not supported by your mobo. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c01635734&lc=en&product=3887687#N92
And the Phenom is a waste of money when for an extra 100 you get something twice as powerful and future proofed, plus im doubtful that your current mobo can support the wattage.

As I have said 20 times before, either OC your current CPU, or buy a new platform. \

That is, i3 2100, intel 1155 motherboard, DD3 RAM.

Pretty bloody simple. I don't even know why i bother. YOu're acting like a [insert word for knob here] when I was simply trying to help. You're making it excrutiating because you don't do anything anyone asks you to do, for troubleshooting. Then after all that you claim all you wanted was a CPU buying advice (when you actually said GPU after repeated comments about how its not the CPU). :confused:

If you have made up your mind to get a new platform then state that, and state your budget. Better yet, close this post, start a new one with something like $400, want a new platform. Sheesh.

And for the record, all of the things I have suggested may actually help - including a fresh install and driver stack.

Last edited:

VpS_Serenity

Pull my head in? I asked again because it obviously didn't get answered. No offence intended, but that'd be simple logic for a "re-post".

Okedokey

Im asking you to pull your head in because you did actually ask for a new GPU, have ignored all advice, and have the audacity to insult those helping you.

You have your answer from EVERY angle now. What do you want to do?

VpS_Serenity

Simply respond. Why pull my head in for asking furthermore? Who told you those facts about ignoring advice? They're wrong. Benchmarking and drivers for example, not ignored, in fact i did already do it after you mentioned it, but maybe you didn't read i didn't see the point of the benchmarking? Oh well, don't bother responding to that now, it's the past, but get your facts right another time you accuse someone for ignoring >all< advice.

Okedokey

Nice try. YOu said you ran 3dmark and it showed fps and now what. Do you get what a benchmark is? Have you reinstalled windows? Updated direct X? Defraged your hdd? If you have you haven't said so.

What do you want to do VpS? Keep troubleshooting or new system? Lets kill this puppy now.

VpS_Serenity

Lol, again, where are those facts coming from? I did run 3dmark, but you didn't help any further with it. You did get a respond to the re-install of windows, so you don't need to mention that either, and direct x is updated like always. Defragmented as well, both HDDs. Those two are standard for any user with just a slight knowledge of keeping the pc clean, it's like anti-virus, you could've asked that too in case you thought i barely knew what a pc is. Benchmarking i know what is, not because you've told me, because you didn't when i said i didn't know what is was for, so i sekt help somewhere else, where i actually got my questions answered and not bypassed onto another quotation/repeat. If i was moderator, sure i'd close the thread, you aren't anymore help. Also, why would i respond that i updated direct x or defragged when you actually replied after asking that you were certain it was the CPU?

And 3DMark i didn't get much out of, as i see it it just starts some movie and shows fps and then end. I don't see how that is supposed to help.

So that was the conclusion of 3DMark, if you don't know what happened to the benchmarking. You "forgot" to reply anymore to that part of the topic.
"Nice try?" come on, lol.

Okedokey

Fair call, but you need to improve your communication if you want help. What do you want to do now?

VpS_Serenity

What's wrong with the communication? You could just reply to the subject instead of repeating yourself onto new/older subjects instead of the present. Maybe you should read the posts carefully before suggesting things, as it leads to timewaste.
What I want to do? Leave since this has gotten ridiculous as well as off-topic.

VpS_Serenity

Anyway, I know americans like happy endings, so why not just end this thread with manners and a conclusion which may or may not help other viewers who might experience same problem.

So, here it goes, I was thinking of this CPU:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 (about $133)

It seems to fit with my motherboard, so the question is if it'd perform well enough to play smoothly with lots of units as well. (to make an example, Diablo 3 act IV with 4 players on the first boss on max settings). Would it be a good choice to improve performance or would it still cause lag issues?
Opinions on the AMD Phenom II X4 965 compared to the current AMD Athlon II X4 630?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what the issue is here. I'm looking at the recommended requirements for diablo 3 and he surpasses them.

Code:
Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz

2 GB RAM

NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

So this could be a gpu issue as he's already running a quad core not a dual core.

VpS_Serenity

i did pass for recommended settings on canirunit.com but as soon as there are multiple mobs, as said before, like in Diablo 3 act IV first boss with 4 players, there are plenty of effects and as soon as it gets to many, it starts lagging.