Low microphone sound

prey2003

i am using the same mainboard and a newer version of the drivers (5.12.01.0007.36), but problems are the same. i tried using an better headset and some older drivers and nothing worked.

i will now try to use an older soundcard (soundblaster pci 128) for microphone input..until some new drivers will be released!

cu prey

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
You could try connecting the microphone to the motherboard's AAFP connector (see page 2-29 of the mobo manual).

prey2003

Lorand said:
You could try connecting the microphone to the motherboard's AAFP connector (see page 2-29 of the mobo manual).

yeah thought already about that, but i have no possibility to check this out. dont have any front panel connectors i could try. neither in my pc case nor some individual parts!
maybe there is someone else able to check this out ..

thx prey

snowmman

May need to enable Advanced Controls

Assuming the speaker icon is visible in your system tray:
Double click on it.
Click on Options tab,
select Properties

You should get a popup window

click the button next to Recording
under "Adjust Volume For"

Click Ok.

That window will close, and you'll
now have the Recording Control window

Assume the microphone slider is visible,
with no Advanced button under it.

Go to Options in the Recording Control
window, and select "Advanced Controls"
(a check will appear next to it)

Now you should see an Advanced button
under the microphone volume slider
(I'm assuming your microphone volume slider
is all the way up in this window, and there
is a green check mark in the Select box
under it)

Click on that Advanced Button

What you see now is a new window, and it is vendor specific,
I believe. You should see a Microphone
Boost, or +20DB thing this new window.
Click next to it to get a green check mark

click Ok and close all windows.

test using the windows sound recorder or whatever you've been
testing with.

bobal

snowmman: tx for all but read carful, "we" dont have that 20+db option... its a drivers problem, but ther is no new drivers. i have gigabyte ga-8l915p duo pro whit c-media azalia.

NoMoreAsus

Check to see if your MB uses the new Intel High Definition audio standard ("Azalia") instead of the industry standard AC 97. If so, you are out of luck since Intel's standard left out the requirement for the 20 db boost. I know the Asus P4GDC suffers from this defect. The fact that you could not find the 20db option indicates you have a new "improved" MB <g>.

Azalia will not work with ANY convential microphone (I tried 5, including a Sennheiser 845 S). Your only option will to be to plunk down additional $ for a sound card conforming to the AC 97 standard or buy a USB microphone so you don't use the onboard sound for input.

I hope Intel gets the message and changes this. In the meantime, I am staying away from any MB's that use the new Intel HD audio standard.

Hope this helps!

bobal

True NoMoreAsus my MB use Intel High Definition audio :/.
crap, how the hell does idiots coud do taht... is there no testing before realising products on market ffs !

valterg said:
Hi,

I followed your instructions, but there is no microphone booster or something else in the advanced microphone volume control settings, only a "monitoring" check box.

To avoid mistakes, I triple checked the path.

Do you have any idea why it's occuring?

Thank again

Valter

Right click the speaker thing, then click "open volume control", then go to:
File>Propreties then click. Check the microphone box.

If it's done, File>Advanced controls. Click on the microphone advanced settings button. Check the microphone boost

herkyn

I have the same problem. Looks like people think we're newbies.. even my mother would have tried to boost the microphone with that magic button. But we don't have it. We don't have "Advanced Control" neither.

I wrote an email to ASUS a month ago and they didn't replied me... Their support sucks! If anyone ever find a solution to that problem, I'd be very pleased to read it.. so far it looks like we'll have to continue screaming in our microphone... (or just buy a cheap soundblaster)...

Nally

No Microphone

Hi Valtreg,
Any luck with your problem? I have the same problem, I found that when yoou check the box to adjust for recording volume it does not hold but toggles back to play back. Is the same happening to you?
Rene:)