MAC vs. PC (when will the hurting stop!)

What's your "flava," MAC or PC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Glad you managed to like both MACs and PCs, Justin. Usually MAC guys hate PCs and viceversa.
But look at the programs that are released in both MAC and PC versions. It’s far more easier to work with that program on a PC, don’t you think?

JSchaefer

PC & Mac programs

I am actually not all that sure... I haven't really worked with many like that. I think that I would almost like it better on Mac because of the way that Macs layout software (ie: photoshop, all of the bars are just on the desktop as well as the image, as opposed to on a PC when they are encased in the software's boundries) but that is just my preference. Also, if I am going to buy software for a MAC, I am going to get the best that I can, which you usually can't get for PC, and viceversa! :D

-CIAO!~

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Why do you want to see the desktop when working?

P.S. The toolbars can be moved outside the program's main form on a PC too, as you can see here:

quark.jpg

Last edited:

JSchaefer

OS challenge...

Very true and very valid...

It was never my intent to battle out just the OS, I meant more so the hardware, which is the substantial difference. The fact that the better the CPUs are for PCs mean the hotter they run while as the better the CPU is for a MAC, the cooler they run. The newer Mac G5 Desktop computers are dual CPUs with very low speed fans for convection cooling. MAC G5 fans run around 1500 rpm and less, while as my P4 1.6 GHz CPU fan runs at 3000+ and still runs at about 50 C. Also how MACs have independent processors for each aspect (main processing, video and audio). PCs do as well, but they are not nearly as powerfull (except for video which is getting better). This is just my own opinion...

-CIAO!~

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
MAC G5 fans run around 1500 rpm and less
RPMs dont indicate that much ... a CFM/pressure count would tho :)

PCs do as well, but they are not nearly as powerfull (except for video which is getting better).
I dont care much for gaming cards but for "work" cards, it has virtually ALWAYS been a PC dominated arena tmk, with cards like the Oxygens and Wildcats, its hard not to :p