Mafia II Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Games_Mafia_2_010854_.jpg

Thought id create a thread where we can discuss stuff about the upcoming Mafia 2,And share with each other what you are enjoying so far in the Demo.

I just cant wait until tomorrow is over just to get my hands on the Demo!...From the vids ive seen the Graphics looks stunning and so does the gameplay.

Anyone Pre-order it yet?

Last edited:

joh06937

absolutely can't wait for the demo. i hope it turns out to be an awesome game. i would hate to be let down... but i don't think i will be :)

lubo4444

I hope it's good. I actually never played the first one but i saw few youtube videos and it looked really good. :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't wait for the demo either, the original Mafia was a great game.

I never played the Orig,But on steam if you pre-order Mafia 2 you get the first mafia for free,so im going to play the demo tomorrow and if i like it pre-order the game and while im waiting for Mafia 2 to officially come out il play the mafia 1.

Although i heard people have had trouble getting it to work on Windows 7 X64 :cool:...but thats expected since the first Mafia was released back in 2002.

joh06937

I never played the Orig,But on steam if you pre-order Mafia 2 you get the first mafia for free,so im going to play the demo tomorrow and if i like it pre-order the game and while im waiting for Mafia 2 to officially come out il play the mafia 1.

Although i heard people have had trouble getting it to work on Windows 7 X64 :cool:

i got it to install but i kept getting a weird glitch (i kept killing my first taxi passenger at the very beginning) so i just gave up and uninstalled it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup i bet us in the UK wont see it until later on,but i dont care because im off to bed in a min and i have the night off work tonight to i can play the demo then :D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well first impressions,quite good...the game looks fantastic!

These were the settings i tried and it ran with no hiccups whatsoever,Not sure on the frame rates i was getting because for some reason Fraps would never show at the top of the screen :cool:

fgs.png

Not tried it with Apex Physx on,But i think this is for the new Nvidia cards only?

Its buggy but that's expected,in bugs i mean...you cant walk and shoot at the same time with the mouse and keyboard,as the player stops walking..however if you use the xbox 360 controller you can!..so im thinking it must be a bug!

Theres also a problem with it crashing when you quit the game.

But other than those problems ive found so far it seems like its going to be a big game this year,will be going to pre-order!

joh06937

what do you mean you can't walk and shoot? i can with my keyboard and mouse :confused:

game is looking pretty great. eyefinity works well. LOVING the cover system. physx looks great as well. really fun chipping away at an enemy's cover in order to be able to shoot them :D graphics are somewhat easy to render. with my eyefinity, max settings, and high physx, i got anywhere from 35 or so to 75 fps. i will check my usage a little later once i play again. next time, i am just going to go into the city (if i can) and spend my ten minutes doing other things...

here are a couple pics. i'll try to get some more later.
mafia22010081011555514.png

mafia22010081011561840.png

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
what i mean was...with the mouse + keyboard for some reason i could walk but when i shoot the player stops walking for some reason,it does not do this for me when using the 360 controller though,i can walk and shoot at the same time!..maybe its a bug or something.

as for physx,im going to enable it now on mine and see how it runs :p

joh06937

what i mean was...with the mouse + keyboard for some reason i could walk but when i shoot the player stops walking for some reason,it does not do this for me when using the 360 controller though,i can walk and shoot at the same time!..maybe its a bug or something.

as for physx,im going to enable it now on mine and see how it runs :p

didn't happen for me. weird.

i literally just stood in the living for five minutes listening to the music. if you people knew me at all, you'd know i am pretty much peeing in my pants from the music. this game is gta only better in every single god damn way!!!!!

Well .... Come on lets go lets go lets go little darlin'
Tell me that you'll never leave me
Come on Come on lets go again, again and again
Well.... Now swing me swing me swing me all the way darling
Come on lets go little darlin'
Lets go lets go again once more

HOT DAMN!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dunno whats going on with my Fraps now,this is how my Mafia 2 screenshots come out :D...kind of cool :p

mafia22010-08-1020-41-04-40.jpg

mafia22010-08-1020-42-07-69.jpg

btw i tried the game with Physx option turned on,i get 18-25 fps in the city :D
but surprisingly it still runs smooth.

The things im not liking about the game atm is the camera angles sometimes are a bit crap when driving around.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
:D

[YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E90tiMKQqus&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E90tiMKQqus&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

Apparently someone already figured how to stop the countdown timer when your in the city,i wouldn't be surprised if someone finds out how to remove the red blocks that prevent you going further into the city either :eek:

joh06937

:D

[YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E90tiMKQqus&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E90tiMKQqus&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

Apparently someone already figured how to stop the countdown timer when your in the city,i wouldn't be surprised if someone finds out how to remove the red blocks that prevent you going further into the city either :eek:

counter stopper dl now :D
fraps doesn't seem to want to record at higher than around 4 fps :(

here are a bunch more though. lovin' this game :)
:(
mafia22010081015292445.png

this is pretty sweet :D
mafia22010081015312034.png

OH SH-
mafia22010081015321842.png

glug glug glug...
mafia22010081015351172.png

anyone up for a game of tennis?
mafia22010081015382947.png

"excuse me, where the hell is all the water?"
mafia22010081015393382.png

:eek:
mafia22010081015442115.png

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome shots ^ :)

Post your benchmarks guys,

Heres mine,Not really impressed with the result to be honest but maybe its because my cards is not Nvidia = Physx,But at least the game runs smooth.

All maxed settings,res in screenshot with Physx disabled.

benc-1.png

ScOuT

VIP Member
Love this game already...it's late so I only played about 15 minutes :(

All settings maxed...the GTX 260 was really working :eek: I was playing at about 25 to 35 FPS and it actually ran smooth.

Settings
mafia22010-08-1023-24-56-45.jpg

Benchmark
mafia22010-08-1023-30-08-78.jpg

joh06937

running max at 4516*900 but still pretty disappointed. note: physx was turned off. i'll run it again with physx on in a couple minutes.
mafia22010081017063480.png

EDIT: thunderstorm cut out our power for a second, right when i was in the middle of the bench! :mad: i don't feel like running it again but i was getting about 28-29 fps average with physx high. i wonder if that has to do with the 8800gt's 512 mb ram size and my eyefinity?

i am loving the way these cars feel when driving (heavy!). plus, like i said, the music makes me sit in the car and just to listen to it. overall, i can't wait until august 24th! right before school too, looks like i'll be starting out behind in all my classes :p

Last edited: