Mafia II Thread

1337dingo

Took me 12 hours, i was constantly dying on the last mission. playing on hard of course.

Man that's a saturday well spent. I think the game is like far cry 2 in the sense that you end up backstabbing all the leaders until only you and your buddy are left :p

Judging by the ending, there's going to be a third. I just hope it has free roam as standard.

I've had a few glitches such as when you go rescue leo his front door wont open... enemies walking into closed doors and not opening them etc etc

I like the way the graphics are done properly. It's got a similar effect for blurring as GTA 4, except it doesnt make you short sighted like in gta4. and it runs smooth! In the benchmark i get 51.1fps average, everything maxed with vsync on.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i havnt finished FC2 yet :(

russb

New DLC now available!....£6.99 here on steam,Il probably snap it up.

Im going to wait a bit though and see what the people over at 2k forums say about the new DLC and what exactly it features,Im not very happy with how 2k basically sold us half a game and want to charge us more for the rest....if id have known it was going to be like this i would not have purchased Mafia 2 in the first place. :/

Why (....if id have known it was going to be like this i would not have purchased Mafia 2 in the first place.) do you want to buy this then.
(New DLC now available!....£6.99 here on steam,Il probably snap it up.)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im saying that if i had known they would have chopped the game in half like they did and sold us half a game and make us want to pay for the other half in little bits then i would not have brought Mafia 2 at all,But obviously no one knew that 2k has removed half the game features until everyone had purchased it and it was too late (like myself).

I did enjoy the missions in the game though and have now purchased jimmy's vendetta....Have you got the game Russ?

Just robbed this gun store :p

mafia22010-09-0718-02-59-84.jpg

Last edited:

russb

Had the Beta but could not get the hang of driving plus a few other things like i'm not all that clever with the controls,all right for you youngsters but an old git like my not having any patience so i gave up and downloaded it.:)
Looks like all the games that are coming out now you have to pay for extras.:)

joh06937

Had the Beta but could not get the hang of driving plus a few other things like i'm not all that clever with the controls,all right for you youngsters but an old git like my not having any patience so i gave up and downloaded it.:)
Looks like all the games that are coming out now you have to pay for extras.:)

the driving was pretty awesome. you could totally feel the weight of the car (which really made you spend more to tune it up ;)). just gotta stick with it!

russb

No i'm no good at that sort of driving same when i had the Beta for
NFS Worldwide i think it was called i just cannot get used to driving on the wrong side of the road haha.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Omg have you guys seen this,Jimmy is just a head with sunglasses on Vito's torso...:D

20uoc5i.png

Look at the neck! :D...they didnt even bother to fix the skin texture/colour.

Btw guys i wouldnt bother purchasing the Jimmys Vandetta DLC,Its a load of crap!

All you do is blow up some cars,kill people and that's basically it,Nothing like the missions in the regular Mafia 2,There isnt any cinematic or videos for the missions....so boring!

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive just played Mafia 2 on my old Nvidia 8800GT while my 4890 is out of action for a laugh, and i could actually see some noticeable differences using the nvidia card.

One difference i noticed was how his coat swings at the bottom as he moves,It seems more realistic and not so stiff...also when a car explodes you see little pieces go everywhere,same with when you smash a car window.

I see this on the Ati card,But its not so good...Nvidias Physx really does make a difference.

Obviusly though the 8800Gt graphics were not as good as my 4890,I just wish i had a second Pci-e slot on my mobo so i could dedicate my 8800GT just for Physx :cool:

linkin

VIP Member
Ive just played Mafia 2 on my old Nvidia 8800GT while my 4890 is out of action for a laugh, and i could actually see some noticeable differences using the nvidia card.

One difference i noticed was how his coat swings at the bottom as he moves,It seems more realistic and not so stiff...also when a car explodes you see little pieces go everywhere,same with when you smash a car window.

I see this on the Ati card,But its not so good...Nvidias Physx really does make a difference.

Obviusly though the 8800Gt graphics were not as good as my 4890,I just wish i had a second Pci-e slot on my mobo so i could dedicate my 8800GT just for Physx :cool:

Get a new mobo :p

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get a new mobo :p

It wouldn't be logical imo to spend out on buying another LGA 775 board,Unless i could get one super super cheap but they don't seem to have gone down much in price (especially the dual Pci-e capable ones.).

I love my current Asus board though,that's its only downfall not having a second Pci-e :cool:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys anyone got "Joeys Adventure" DLC here?

ive not played Mafia 2 in ages,i didnt even know more DLC had came out :0

Whats it like? might get it as its only £6.30

I was dissapointed with Jimmys Vandetta though,Is the new DLC much better?

linkin

VIP Member
Little hack I heard about for nvidia users wanting better anti-aliasing: Rename the mafia 2 exe file to "jericho.exe" and force maximum AA in nvidia control panel, it should look much better

Edit: especially while driving fast

Last edited:

myndziuss

Just finished playing through the game last night and i got a little dissapointed because you cannot keep on playing after you finish the story, you can only choose chapters :( I also would have loved to be able to save wheneveri wanted like a safe house or something. But still the game was pretty awesome :D I have heard that lots of content was left out because of time restraints (like siting,taking a cab etc.)