Making my computer Faster and Smaller

Eric4753

16GB's of RAM might be worth it if you can squeeze it in your budget. Can always add it later but if you can do it now I would.
the 8gb was to add on to the 8 I currently have. In order to save money, would I be able to put a fan in the hdd case so I can not get ssd and keep my hdd's.

Intel_man

VIP Member
It certainly looks like there are fan mounts on the bottom section to accommodate for additional cooling for the harddrive rack.
11-119-265-38.jpg

haf-xb-evo-airflow.jpg

2 x 80mm fan exhaust for the lower section.

Eric4753

Now what about my 8gb of ram I currently have.
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 1866
Its like $70 on amazon could I buy a cheaper version like this? LINK It has the same clock speed. Just trying to save as much as I can

Intel_man

VIP Member
I personally wouldn't go for the Founders Edition cards or any with the blower style cooler. The choice of getting a card with a factory OC is up to you really. Some cards have a pretty high factory OC and they run with a higher base clock (lowest clock speed the card will be at). Any card from Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA are good. Pick one that has a minimum of a twin fan cooler and you should be good to go honestly.

Cisco001

Thank you. One last question for you, is there a certain brand of the 1070 I should buy? Or just get the cheapest one?

Avoid founder edition
check your case on what length of GPU it takes
Pesonally would look at those cheaper one
check the speed & warranty