Microsoft Surface!!!

tlarkin

VIP Member
I am sorry I have to disagree. Just because you can throw a bunch of components in a box (which a trained monkey can do) and then put a bunch of specs you read off the box in your computer forum sig does not make you a computer expert by any means. Gamers are dumb, listen to what they say about technology. How many people on this forum went out and bought vista ultimate not even knowing the differences between home premium and ultimate? Listen to what they say about macintosh or linux, or when they tray to talk about servers and networking. They assume they know everything which makes them look dumber in my eyes compared to the person who just asks questions. And yes, if you are so inclined about using the OS you should be able to stream line it. I have in the past when I was big into gaming tweaked my windows boxes to run games faster. It is possible to take chunks out of the windows OS you don't need. Google it.

As for 5k for that table, in all honesty that is not a bad deal for what it does and for the technology under the hood. AFAIK it doesn't run vista but most likely a proprietary version of windows specifically designed for that platform of computing.

12-Gauge

Just because you can throw a bunch of components in a box (which a trained monkey can do) and then put a bunch of specs you read off the box in your computer forum sig does not make you a computer expert by any means. Gamers are dumb, listen to what they say about technology. How many people on this forum went out and bought vista ultimate not even knowing the differences between home premium and ultimate? Listen to what they say about macintosh or linux, or when they tray to talk about servers and networking. They assume they know everything which makes them look dumber in my eyes compared to the person who just asks questions. And yes, if you are so inclined about using the OS you should be able to stream line it. I have in the past when I was big into gaming tweaked my windows boxes to run games faster. It is possible to take chunks out of the windows OS you don't need. Google it.

Where did that come from?

tlarkin

VIP Member
Where did that come from?

my mouth, or would it be considered my keyboard? I dunno it was early I was hung over and hadn't had any coffee. My old man bought me a bunch of beers last night, then I took a friend out for her birthday (belated) and we had more drinks. Not a good idea when you have to wake up at 6AM every day for work. I still think that gamers tend to think they know more than they actually do, and I have seen lots of bad advice. Actually, narrow minded advice. They tend to give all their advice towards gaming and do not take anything else into consideration.

didn't mean to offend anyone in general its just that gamers get under my skin some times.