Modem IP Address blocking ports. Need help setting up ps3

beers

Staff member
I'm not suggesting you can host servers with 0.5
That's the challenge with a lot of console type of games though, which tend to implement peer to peer connectivity to a large degree.

Most traditional client/server setups don't have a huge amount of data to send from the player, however once you start propagating more than your own data as a player that 64 KB/sec gets sucked up very quickly. Even a single voice stream outbound in game using something like a G.711 codec will chew through ~10 KB/sec of bandwidth.

Shlouski

VIP Member
That's the challenge with a lot of console type of games though, which tend to implement peer to peer connectivity to a large degree.

Most traditional client/server setups don't have a huge amount of data to send from the player, however once you start propagating more than your own data as a player that 64 KB/sec gets sucked up very quickly. Even a single voice stream outbound in game using something like a G.711 codec will chew through ~10 KB/sec of bandwidth.

I know your right, but I personally have never had any issues as a client. I often have lan parties where 4 of us will be gaming online at the same time while using teamspeak, we haven't run into any issues yet. I'm just saying as a client, 0.50 should be enough for one person to game online without issues.