Monitor on !

kobaj

VIP Member
Er...is your screen saver turned off? Or maybe your backlight is overheating and shutting off. Other than those 2 reasons I can think of enything elts. In case your backlight is overheating you might wanna see if your vents are clogged or make some new vents to help cool it.

alanuofm

VIP Member
check your power settings. you probably have it set so that the monitor turns off every xx minutes to save battery.

control panel > performance and maintenance > power options > power schemes

The Matrix

Power on!

alanuofm said:
check your power settings. you probably have it set so that the monitor turns off every xx minutes to save battery.

control panel > performance and maintenance > power options > power schemes

No, I had them set to never turn off.

The Matrix

Backlit on

kobaj said:
Er...is your screen saver turned off? Or maybe your backlight is overheating and shutting off. Other than those 2 reasons I can think of enything elts. In case your backlight is overheating you might wanna see if your vents are clogged or make some new vents to help cool it.

My backlight isn't overheating; and, no, I don't have a screensaver.

alanuofm

VIP Member
if you are 100% sure its not a screen saver, then it has to be a power management issue. check again and make sure you hit apply. the laptop might use another program for power management as well. make sure under power options > advanced...when you close the lid select do nothing. also for power schemes. make sure for both columns everything says never.

The Matrix

I couldn't find the model no.
Compaq is all I know.
I got this from a Heartland mail order co.; which didn't have any documentation.

Vampiric Rouge

It's sounds like its going in to a stand by state

my control panel > power options in there look how long till sys standby and power offs and what not..

alanuofm

VIP Member
The Matrix said:
I don't appreciate being left hanging on. If you can't help me, then find someone who can.

ok sir i have contacted the government and they will send their top technicians over your house asap

alanuofm

VIP Member
Vampiric Rouge said:
It's sounds like its going in to a stand by state

my control panel > power options in there look how long till sys standby and power offs and what not..

according to him he has done that already.

look in your bios for any power saving features and disable them. make sure hibernation is disabled.