Monitor on !

The Matrix

The Matrix

I did that.

Vampiric Rouge said:
It's sounds like its going in to a stand by state

my control panel > power options in there look how long till sys standby and power offs and what not..

The Matrix

The Matrix

I don't know how to do that.

alanuofm said:
according to him he has done that already.

look in your bios for any power saving features and disable them. make sure hibernation is disabled.

alanuofm

VIP Member
if you go to your power options there will be a hibernation tab. make sure that is disabled. check that first.

The Matrix

Didn't it ever occur to you to ask me what operating system I'm using?
I told you I went through the power option method.
I was asking about the bios.

alanuofm said:
if you go to your power options there will be a hibernation tab. make sure that is disabled. check that first.

X24

stop triple posting, its really annoying, and it won't get an answer any faster, just piss people off that are trying to help you. But, if its XP i believe u hit f2 when it boots up and hits the XP screen......but i could be wrong.

Alias

I don't think we should even help him, hes so rude, when all people are trying to do is help him, have some ****ing appreciation.

shupola

alanuofm said:

to come back from hibernation requires you to press the power button and he says that mouse movement turns it back on.

Raditz

Oh I think I know what he means. Um...go to your desktop and right click on mouse 2. Then Screensaver and hit power the lower cornor of the box. Then it comes up with several things that says turn off power...standby...and etc. Try one of them see what best fits you. :p

The Matrix

Defense

I wasn't tripple posting. If you're talking about when I edited my last post, I didn't get a response for some time.

Alias said:
I don't think we should even help him, hes so rude, when all people are trying to do is help him, have some ****ing appreciation.

X24

i hope that was sarcasm there.
And, u probably won't get an instant response, so just wait a while.
And, does ur screen still go off if it is plugged in? if so u have a problem in the bios probably.

The Matrix

Monitor on

I told you guys, and I was trying to tell you guys that "didn't it ever occur to you to ask me what system I'm I using"? I also mentioned earlier that I'm using a laptop. Further, I also mentioned that I've went through the power options, but with no success.

X24 said:
i hope that was sarcasm there.
And, u probably won't get an instant response, so just wait a while.
And, does ur screen still go off if it is plugged in? if so u have a problem in the bios probably.

The Matrix

Defense

I didn't tripple post. Ok, maybe I couldn't handle being desperate in the right way; but to accuse me of being a bad guy is downright disrespectable!

Alias said:

The Matrix

Since you guys didn't ask me what computer I have, I'm going to reveal it to you. I am using a Compaq laptop, with Windows 98.

gamerman4

Is your laptop on a battery or do you have it plugged to the AC? Also, does just the screen go blank or does the laptop go into standby?

One last thing, go to the control panel and open "Power Settings" turn the power screen to "Presentation". This will set the power scheme to an always-on one. Sometimes other power schemes will go back to their original settings for some reason. Presentations original settings are completely on.

Last edited:

Lax

VIP Member
The Matrix said:
I wasn't tripple posting. Mabe I don't know how to act under desparation; but to accuse me of being a bad guy is downright disrespectable!

The Matrix said:
I wasn't tripple posting. Maybe I didn't know how to act on desperation; but to accuse me of being a bad guy is downright disrespectable!

Right there is a double post. I have deleted numerous others of your double AND triple postings. I'm guessing you're using 56k or something with a slow response to refreshing the page. All you need to do is hit the submit reply button once and it will post. AND you don't need to double post just to change 1 or 2 words.

About 3 minutes. Or, perhaps 5 minutes.

It requires movement.

Screensaver is the only thing that would require movement to bring it back from a darkened state. If it's in standby or hibernation you need to hit the power button to wake it up. Check AGAIN that you don't have default screensaver or blank screensaver selected. AND if you open up the laptop and look on the part right below the screen (or on a strip going vertically across the top) it will tell you which model of compaq you have.

Last edited:

4W4K3

VIP Member
I have a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop that will do this, but it's in the settings to turn it off.

Right-click Desktop > Properties > ScreenSaver Tab > In here make sure your screensaver is set to (None)

In thta same tab, click "Power" button > In the "Power schemes" Tab selet the "Always On" scheme, and make sure everything underneath is set to "Never". Also go to the "Hibernation" tab and make sure it is disabled.

This can stop your monitor from shutting off. If it still has problems, you might have a seperate program that is trying to manage your laptop's power. However, just remember if you set it to "Always on" your laptop will be running at full speed 24/7, nd your battery life will decrease ALOT compared to a more efficient power scheme.

The Matrix

My laptop is plugged in. My screen goes blank every now and then.
I don't have that option to go to a "presentation" mode.

gamerman4 said:
Is your laptop on a battery or do you have it plugged to the AC? Also, does just the screen go blank or does the laptop go into standby?

One last thing, go to the control panel and open "Power Settings" turn the power screen to "Presentation". This will set the power scheme to an always-on one. Sometimes other power schemes will go back to their original settings for some reason. Presentations original settings are completely on.