Motherboard issues.

JuggaloKillaz

and your sure that the post can go through a 200 watt PSU. Im going to just run the video card and than the CPU fan thats it. this would work?

PC eye

banned
You will probably want to use a good working 350w model supply to rule out any chanve of being underpowered and not supplying enough even for the basics. Socket A and other newer boards since the earlier Duron models went upto a 300w minimum just to get the basics running.

JuggaloKillaz

cool so it may not be fryed the thing is when i plug the pSU to the mobo, i put my ear to the PSU and hear small clicking sounds. does this mean not enough power?

PC eye

banned
What you are probably hearing there is the mechanical type relay. I wouldn't about that since most newer supplies have voltage controlled relays. The board in the T2200 is most likely an Atholon XP model board which requires a standard atx type supply with a minimum of 300w. If you know someone who can let you borrow an extra supply "known to be good" that will give you the chance to see if the supply or something else is the problem. If not you may have to bring it into a repair shop.

JuggaloKillaz

if theres less than 300watt power supply, Can the motherboard not start up due to not enough juice. It doesnt even show the light on the board.

PC eye

banned
There would be two problems to look at there. If the supply doesn't provide the minimum required the board's own red power led would come on if the board has both. If the board itself is bad nothing will light up even if you see the fans running. You should see drive lights flash even for a second or two if there is anything going through the board.

JuggaloKillaz

so i would say its pretty close to being fryed. No matter how low the wattage of the pSU is there should be a green LED on the mobo right or yellow.

PC eye

banned
The board isn't necessarily fried. On the newer boards even Socket A models a minimum amount of power had to be present to electronically switch it on. If the supply doesn't have enough to begin with the board stays in shutoff mode. To get the idea try starting an auto with a flashlight battery. You don't get far do you?

JuggaloKillaz

what do youmean. the cmos battery? It doesnteven show the video on the screen. The computer doesnt even show the motherboard LED light. what can it be?