Motherboard quality issue

Bodaggit23

I havent opened up the box and looked through it, but i do use Belarc Advisor and it summarized in detail all of the hardware and software components of the computer and it has all the components i bought listed..

Ok, just checking. You never know unless you check. :good:

KrisM

Interesting thread.

I do not claim to have carefully read all of it so if I suggest something that someone else already has, or seem to step on toes, please forgive.

My first thought was to try a different mobo. I expect that your problem is poor channel util. You might run sisoftware's Sandra and share with us here some of the benchmarks (holler if you need help).

I did not run that scan above as it sounded too complicated and too invasive, and needed IE. I use FF. I know, but........................

The PSU, CPU, OPSYS (check to make sure you have all the performance updates, though you're on SP3 so you should be great.) all look fine.

The 6100 (as video) is slow but I really doubt that's your prob.
The 6100 as NB may indeed be your prob.

You might have an interrupt conflict, but, again, I doubt that's your prob.

If you are not flashed to the latest bios for that board, you might try that.

So much depends on just how well the mobo chip (NB) talks to the pieces. P35's are cheap! My prefs are for Intel and Nvidia. I personally avoid Via and AMD-video (AMD-CPU is great).