My $800 budget gaming pc.. please help!

bball4life

Adam Murray said:
I checked out the mobo, it looks good... but why does it have two LAN connections?

Also, bball4life, why wouldnt you recommend this mobo? Do you/ or anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks again!
No I am not saying that it is bad, I am just saying for you it may not be worth you spending the extra $20, I have that mobo, well the premium version, its a good mobo. And as for the 2 lan connections, on for you internet connection and one more for networking would be my guess.

bball4life

Looks pretty good to me. Don't know if you really want to spend all that money on an sli board with a 7600gt unless you plan going sli.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
The motherboard's standard memory is DDR2 800, you might want to consider getting that instead of the DDR2 533 you have right now

Last edited:

bball4life

liuliuboy said:
The motherboard's standard memory is DDR2 800, you might want to consider getting that instead of the DR2 533 you have right now
ya you won't be getting the mobo's full potential with that.

The_Beast

Sorry I'm really new to building custom computers. So what is SLI? Isn't SLI just two video cards?

bball4life said:
Looks pretty good to me. Don't know if you really want to spend all that money on an sli board with a 7600gt unless you plan going sli.

OK sorry posted the wrong RAM up.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231063

liuliuboy said:
The motherboard's standard memory is DDR2 800, you might want to consider getting that instead of the DDR2 533 you have right now

bball4life

The_Number_Of_The_Beast said:
Sorry I'm really new to building custom computers. So what is SLI? Isn't SLI just two video cards?
Ya its two video cards, its just most sli boards cost more, and if you have no intentions on going sli, you would be better off saving money on the mobo and putting it towards maybe a little better cpu or gpu.

SC7

new vega said:
i would use an ati radeon X1800pro or bigger instead of the 7900

i have a 6600gt and my bros radeon 9550 keeps up pretty good with mine

ati is pulling ahead of nvidia
Proof?

bball4life

The_Number_Of_The_Beast said:
Even if I don't go SLI is it worth the extra money if I ever want to sell it.
I wouldn't go that for, if you may go sli then go for it, but if there is no way you will go sli, you can get the same other features for cheaper.