My dad won't let us get a new comp...

Ben222

Dude your complaining for nothing... lmao i wash dishes, walk the dog, and drive places doing task for my parents... that how i earn my money, plus i buy cheap used things off craigslisit and resell them for about 15% above their profits.. (mostly cell phones, pc parts, and game consolse) thats my cash cow, lol.. :D in america making money is toooooo easy..

yea i have to do all those things as chores... yea and they don't allow me to spend the money i make

Rawlaw

Hey if ur close to the coast hurricane season is where all the money is. In Florida before the hurricane i make 1000 bucks a week putting up shutters (500 for a two story house) and after i get a hundred bucks every time i clean up someone's pool, wash their dirty car and clean their dirty driveways. Easy money!

tlarkin

VIP Member
I'll talk to you again once you have moved out....

hahaha I was just going to say that.

Try having rent, utilities, taxes, health care, credit cards, clothing, car and car maintenance, cell phone, Internet, food, beer, oh and of course women, yeah I can say that I have a very nice life style that I can pay for all of that, but I am not rich by any means.

It is different when you have to earn everything for yourself.

Aastii

VIP Member
well I am going to tell you a story now...

Once when i was 13, oh the good old days, what times i have had in the years between then and now, i got a cheap system put together for me by my parents, a whole £400, at the time about $65 or so, then i worked my ass off to get it where it is now washing peoples cars, delivering newspapers, slicethepie etc and it eventually all came together.

Get payed cash upfront and then hide 60% of it, show your parents the rest, that 60% that you get under the radar, spend on your system. Come on now, I'm not einsteins ghost and i worked that one out for you

Trio

Hey if ur close to the coast hurricane season is where all the money is. In Florida before the hurricane i make 1000 bucks a week putting up shutters (500 for a two story house) and after i get a hundred bucks every time i clean up someone's pool, wash their dirty car and clean their dirty driveways. Easy money!

Lawl. You think that's easy money? Try looting during a huricane.

oregon

If you want a really easy way to earn money, try buying LSD in bulk and selling it out in small amounts. Not exactly legal, but you can double or triple your initial investment in one go. Pretty good, I'd say.

blazinjewel

yes, if your dad won't let you guys buy a new PC, you have the option to do it yourself. But just like them, I agree that you still have to earn it. But i know you can do it since I feel that you have the eagerness. Way to go, buddy! ;) :D

Irishwhistle

Yea um I'm 14 so pretty much mowing lawns is my way to get money.

Just um... mow lawns then. :p

I'm 15 and don't really have a "real job", but I payed for the rig in my sig myself (I built it last year and added the 9600GT this year.) I'll admit it's probably not anything as good as what you're asking your dad to buy for you, but hey, who cares... I can play Crysis on it, so it's a decent rig at least. And if you really feel like you need a better rig you can mow lawns some more. Work never hurt anyone (or maybe it did, but that's beside the point :p)

Remember that the money you're asking your dad to spend on a computer doesn't just fall out of the sky, it takes hard work to make money... it's not as easy as "get a job and you've got it made", so try and be a little bit more understanding... as long as your dad is giving you and your family what you need (I'm pretty sure you don't absolutely need a new computer to live) I don't really see anything wrong with him spending a little money on himself every once in a while, I mean c'mon... try putting yourself in your dad's shoes.

Anyway... that's my 2 cents.

Ben222

Just um... mow lawns then. :p

I'm 15 and don't really have a "real job", but I payed for the rig in my sig myself (I built it last year and added the 9600GT this year.) I'll admit it's probably not anything as good as what you're asking your dad to buy for you, but hey, who cares... I can play Crysis on it, so it's a decent rig at least. And if you really feel like you need a better rig you can mow lawns some more. Work never hurt anyone (or maybe it did, but that's beside the point :p)

Remember that the money you're asking your dad to spend on a computer doesn't just fall out of the sky, it takes hard work to make money... it's not as easy as "get a job and you've got it made", so try and be a little bit more understanding... as long as your dad is giving you and your family what you need (I'm pretty sure you don't absolutely need a new computer to live) I don't really see anything wrong with him spending a little money on himself every once in a while, I mean c'mon... try putting yourself in your dad's shoes.

Anyway... that's my 2 cents.

My mom makes more money than my dad :p
And this is more of a family comp that would last till i hit college

lovely?

My mom makes more money than my dad :p

mmm or until its just as outdated as your current pc. trust me, with an entire family on it? it'll be crap in less than a year.

Irishwhistle

All the more reason to work for the money yourself, that way the computer won't get bogged down by multiple people's stuff and you can use it whenever you like.

If you just want a computer for basic stuff there are things you can probably do to speed up your current computer... linux for example.

Aastii

VIP Member
yes, if your dad won't let you guys buy a new PC, you have the option to do it yourself. But just like them, I agree that you still have to earn it. But i know you can do it since I feel that you have the eagerness. Way to go, buddy! ;) :D

he is eager for the system, not to get the resources to get the system, it seems he wants that handed to him on a plate.

If you can't get the money and want your system to be a liiiittle bit slower, just clean it out, software AND hardware, dust can make stuff hotter than it needs to be and make it hella slow, get software that you need to do it if you don't have it already. Just doing that will give a HUGE difference.

Last edited:

Irishwhistle

Yup, clean out the dust from the computer, and reinstall Windows... if you need to backup some files, do so.

Oh, and since I mentioned linux in a previous post you can download one of the best distros for free here... if that's to much for your computer to run there's always this one, which is much lighter wieght. As long as just just want to do the basics (internet, email, IM, word processing, listening to music, and image editing) that linux should handle it just great.

You're computer should run a lot faster with that. I'm not sure what the specs of your computer are, but if you just work on it a bit you should be able to get it back up to speed somehow. What are the specs anyway?

Aastii

VIP Member
Why you say that?...

he quoted

in america making money is toooooo easy..

followed by

I'll talk to you again once you have moved out....

meaning while he is at home having the mortgage, the energy, the water, the car fuel, the food, the heating everything payed for him, making money is easy because he only has to pay for the little luxuries he wants. When he has moved out and actually has to start doing stuff for himself, then it is harder to make money because as quick as you are making it you are having to spend it