My first Pano!

Geoff

VIP Member
Tell me what you think, it was combined using three photos with the Canon stitch-assist mode, and the free program AutoStitch.

pano.jpg

It's not the easiest to see in detail, stupid Photobucket with their auto-resize. And yes the camera was set to vivid mode, which probably isn't the best considering the concentration of green in the area. :rolleyes:

salman

Wow thats awesome man, looks proper good.
You could probably capture loads of nice stuff with auto stitch panomatic.

Geoff

VIP Member
Thanks for all the complements guys!

Wow, good job. Cant see the stitching at all :D
How many pictues is it?
It's 3 photos. I may upgrade to Photobucket Pro for $25/year, which increases the resolution to 2560 x something.

And to those who say 4GB of RAM isn't used, just take a look at what a few photos takes up in AutoStitch:

High_RAM_Usage.jpg

DCIScouts

VIP Member
It looks great, I'm really excited that this feature is becoming more common among the $200 range cameras rather than just limited to the $400+ range cameras...

Geoff

VIP Member
It looks great, I'm really excited that this feature is becoming more common among the $200 range cameras rather than just limited to the $400+ range cameras...
Yeah, this was taken on my S3-IS. You really don't need a camera that supports it though, just use your best guess as to where the next photo should be taking, and let the software do the rest.

shenry

[-0MEGA-];986608 said:
And to those who say 4GB of RAM isn't used, just take a look at what a few photos takes up in AutoStitch:

High_RAM_Usage.jpg

Exactly you have 1 Gig left! :p

Nice Job Omega:)

TFT

VIP Member
Thats good, the few times I have attempted a panoramic shot in the past I never positioned myself correctly and the exposure was different in all three shots. Could have sorted it later I suppose but didn't have an editor at the time.
It's a good feeling when it all turns out good. :)

funkysnair

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];986608 said:
Thanks for all the complements guys!

It's 3 photos. I may upgrade to Photobucket Pro for $25/year, which increases the resolution to 2560 x something.

High_RAM_Usage.jpg

holly crap lol----ive got 4gigs but ive not used it all up to now:D

Geoff

VIP Member
if you dont want to lose quality in your pics then upload to https://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html

i use that for my albums now and they dont resize
I have an account there, but last I looked you couldn't make folders inside of folders, which is what I like about Photobucket. I'm just going to pay $25 per year for their pro version, which has fewer limitations.

holly crap lol----ive got 4gigs but ive not used it all up to now:D
hehe, imagine what it would be like with 10 photos :p

Punk

Staff member
I had a go too:

Originals:
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg

Panorama:
pano.jpg

It's not very good, it's the view from my window. My software isn't great, I used Hugin... Does anyone know of a good software that will keep the quality of the picture?

Geoff

VIP Member
Second try with AutoStitch then edited in Fireworks 8:

panorama.jpg
Very nice. AutoStitch was the program that I used, did you tweak the settings though? Some of the ones I would change is adjusting the JPEG quality from a default of 75% to 100%, and increase the size of the panorama.