My Tech Station (Clemens 004)

meticadpa

so i herd you like big pictures
DSC09593.jpg

DSC09592.jpg

(Yes, that is a hairdrier)
DSC09590.jpg

DSC09590.jpg

Gonna find a better (black) way to mount my fans, and I'm gonna black up the optical drive too!

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
that is pretty sweet. What (I'm going to say it because I've got a mind blank for the actual term lol) case is that?

El Gappo

It's just a custom techstation. I have the same one but with a sidepanel so it's more awesome :p
dsc02513w.jpg

dsc02514w.jpg

dsc02515lp.jpg

Also when I get a BSOD it lights up bright blue :p

We got a friend to make them for us.

OT why do me and met always sound like a couple when we post here? :rolleyes:

meticadpa

that is pretty sweet. What (I'm going to say it because I've got a mind blank for the actual term lol) case is that?

It's called "Clemens 004" :)

We got a friend from OCN to make it for us.

and yes, gappo, yours would be cooler...

...if it wasn't green :p

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I'd honestly get rid of my case for one of those. Looks very clean and I love the ease of access. How much are they in USD? Does he take custom orders, or was this sort of a favor?

Edit: Okay, I'm reading the thread at OCN. I'll send him a PM over there.

Last edited:

El Gappo

He made them at school in his lunch break lol, but he has finished now so no more laser cutter :( . Only cost me £50 GBP so what.. $70ish depending on the cost of materials there.

BTW met stop mounting your hard drives like an idiot :p If you mounted it one way before then you have to keep it that way, they get worn in. Leaned that out the hard way :(

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
He made them at school in his lunch break lol, but he has finished now so no more laser cutter :( . Only cost me £50 GBP so what.. $70ish depending on the cost of materials there.

Thanks gappo. I'll see what he says.

meticadpa

BTW met stop mounting your hard drives like an idiot :p If you mounted it one way before then you have to keep it that way, they get worn in. Leaned that out the hard way :(

I had to mount 1 upside down, otherwise it wouldn't install because of a dodgy screwhole! :(

And mep, thanks :)

Sadly, like gappo said, there's no more Mr Laser cutter.

El Gappo

there is a sunbeam techstation on newegg for about $70 that's well worth looking into. Very good build quality ;)

bomberboysk

Very very good value for money. I would pick one up in a heartbeat if we could get them for that price here.

Lets see your bong :D Did you ever see my beer bong cooler? Was pretty awesome, that's what gave me the cooling bug. 20C ambient and 8C on my cpu fully loaded when I got it sorted with a load of towels in the beer keg :good:

Do you have to use antifreeze or something Also, what is your idle temp?

I'd post pics but it isn't in use atm, needs a new head/nozzle on it, and I need to get myself another ddc or maybe a pond pump for better pressures.

@noob, no because evaporative cooling only goes subambient, not subzero.

Last edited:

El Gappo

I used a plastic beer bottle with holes in the bottom taped onto the tubing as my nozzle. It's was a beer theme that I was trying to continue :p

Idle = 8C load = 8C and with that amount of water and cooling power I reckon I could of hooked up 4 fermi's before the temps would rise. An 8ft tall beer keg bong will work wonders :D

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I rather like Clemens, but if you can't find one Mep, you might want to look into a Banchetto Easy

there is a sunbeam techstation on newegg for about $70 that's well worth looking into. Very good build quality ;)

I've been thinking about getting one of those sunbeam ones actually, would be ideal for use with my bong cooler.

Thanks for the links fellas. I started looking at tech stations after DD released the torture rack. Never really wanted to pay for it. It's good to see some affordable stuff out there now. I love the fact that dude from OCN built these at school. That alone wants to make me buy it lol. I respect craftsmanship like that.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
That looks quite nice actualy,meticadpa where did you get it from?

What about dust though? Does it get realy dusty been all open like that?

Btw just noticed you have the same DVD-WR as me,Its a p.o.s. :p

linkin

VIP Member
I'd take one of those over a case too, but my room is too dusty :(

and lol @ rubberbands on cpu cooler :p